Can I produce a Suez Centurion from an AFV kit?

Graeme

IIRC, The British Centurion used during the Suez conflict was the Mk 5 with the older 'A' type 20 pounder gun barrel with no bore evacuator and large counterweight at the muzzle. The latest release with the dozer blade should give you all the parts you need in the Box.

hi-PI000000101542.jpg

There are some aftermarket decals out there (Bison decals, I think?) and as Daz said, the Centurion was rarely seen without a canvas mantlet cover. AFV Club do their own vinyl cover, but I'd highly recommend the Lion Marc replaceent turret marked for the NATO version. It includes a nicely scupted resin mantlet cover and avoids the need to clean up the tricky seams that the multi part turret assembly leaves.

hi-PI00000076392.jpg

IIRC, The British Centurion used during the Suez conflict was the Mk 5 with the older 'A' type 20 pounder gun barrel with no bore evacuator and large counterweight at the muzzle. The latest release with the dozer blade should give you all the parts you need in the Box.

hi-PI000000101542.jpg

There are some aftermarket decals out there (Bison decals, I think?) and as Daz said, the Centurion was rarely seen without a canvas mantlet cover. AFV Club do their own vinyl cover, but I'd highly recommend the Lion Marc replaceent turret marked for the NATO version. It includes a nicely scupted resin mantlet cover and avoids the need to clean up the tricky seams that the multi part turret assembly leaves.

hi-PI00000076392.jpg

Thanks for the info. I've got a Sh'ot Kal on the go at the moment so the Mk5 & dozer might be in the stash soon!

I used the Lionmarc turret for my Nato version - I agree it's well woth the expense.

Thanks

Graeme

• 10 years later...