1/144 BAe 146 - AirUK

Ooooh-er everything is half the size it should be! :unsure:

This is the 1/144 Revell RJ kit, with Welsh Models after market decals.

Its the first airliner I've done in over 30 years and the first non-1/72 kit for a very long time. It seems to be a reasonably nice and well fitting kit, although the undercarriage doesn't look entirely right to me, and its very expensive for what you get.

The kit decals are superb though, probably justifying the price. So why did I choose AirUK instead ? - well, Mrs T used to be a trolley dolly, flying on these out of Edinburgh.

FredT :)

P2200393a.jpg

P2200389a.jpg

P2200387a.jpg

A beautifully executed model, what a clean build. Lovely job indeed and a good choice of colour scheme.

My brother-in-law works for KLM:UK (used to be AirUK) and maintains these at Norwich, he's probably had the real thing in bits on more than one occasion.

I've always fancied this kit done in TNT livery! I quite like my 1/144 airliners the build is always a bit of a no-brainer, but the choice of colour schemes and aftermarket decals is superb. I've just pulled a part built SAS 767-300 out the loft, and have had an A319, 320 and 321 on the go for ages to be done in BA markings - so many projects, so little time!!

Eng

Well I have just seen this and I am absolutely bowled over by the Models that you have posted here Gengriz..

Such delicate looking and yet sturdy model....

BTW I have also had a REAL LONG look at your site{ sic: web} and well I just have to say that your Biplanes are STUNNING

as are other of your workmanship....Totally STUNNUNG !!!

Thank you for posting them here and over there !!!

HOUSTON... :mike:

Edited by Houston

Nice 146 Fred, They always seemed to have hotter trolley dollies than the other airlines at EDI! I miss Air UK :weep:

You used to be able to take photo's of the planes easily at Edinburgh. They had a viewing area on the terminal roof looking over most of the stands but then they rebuilt the building and where I used to watch planes is now the back wall of a pub! No viewing area at all now and cops with guns to move you along around the perimeter!

Paul Harrison

• 4 years later...