Heinkel He 51 Silver Wings

dallascowboy

I take it then you are looking to import their (Be still my beating heart), Southampton?

It does look lovely.

Adrian

Yes, but they are looking to be expensive. Reading between the lines it would seem that these guys are the pattern people behind Karaya, Chorozy and the mask people who did the Gamecock and Fury but appear to have gone indepentant.

John

Edited by John Aero

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if anyone in the Uk was going to stock this 1/32 kit?

just got the southampton mk1 fom him

he said that a2z models was going to be his uk agent

his site is called silverwings .com

wvm

I take it then you are looking to import their (Be still my beating heart), Southampton?

It does look lovely.

Adrian

finished painting it today just the rigging left to do

wvm

• 2 months later...

If you look at M2 for Thursday, you'll see my first-look review of the kit. Let me assure you, after a couple hours spent working on assembling the cockpit, that the model is every bit as nice as I said it was there. Wojcieck is going to release an He-51C (on floats) on June 15.

If you get the kit, the one thing I advise from having done both the Montex Hs-123 and Yak-1b that Wojcieck designed is to slightly enlarge the holes for the locating pegs, so you get a tighter fit (and less filler in the seams as a result).

The kit is an "ace maker" - take care and you'll look like a better modeler than you are with the result.

BTW - Wojcieck is correct in his instructions that the cockpit interior is in RLM63 - between 1936-38, RLM02 was replaced by RLM63, then reinstated. As to why that was, your guess is as good as mine, but it was so done.