Bundesmarine Zipper

hatchet

Martin,

In 72nd you've done a remarkable job anyways, far more than I would have done with it, so I'm with you on this one :yahoo:

Bex

More great progress Martin, with a very convincing Kormoran there; well found (!) and nicely constructed. Do you need rails for the Kormoran and are they only found in the Hasegawa Marineflieger Tornado kit? Jurgen looks like a competent chap and I hope he helps you to keep up the production when you're next able....

Andrew.

Thanks all!

Do you need rails for the Kormoran and are they only found in the Hasegawa Marineflieger Tornado kit?
Nope, don't need the rails for this one, on the Zipper they were mounted directly on a modified pylon - which I'll need to scratch. As far as I can tell, the rails for the Kormorans are the same as those the Germans and Italians use for HARMs. If I'm right, they are also in the RoG Tornado ECR kit, but without the Kormorans of course. The reason I would need extra rails (for a Tornado) is, that I eventually want to make a Marineflieger Tornado and I want to arm that with 2 Kormorans and 2 HARMs. Far future tho' :)

• 1 month later...

Nice modification, Martin.

Keep at it; it's great to see the fuselage together. It's usually at this point that I look (modestly) along the length of the jet from the hot end and marvel at its resemblance to a banana..... a very fast banana, obviously....

Andrew.

Dude that is looking AWESOME!!! You're out pacing me this year :P

D