Airfix Churchill

AnonymousA667

This is my first AFV build since way back when. I will not be in a rush to do another Airfix Churchill, the track assembly nearly drove me up the wall! This is OOB without any additions or corrections - I realise that there is a lot you could do with it, but it is just for fun. Next up will be a Centurion. Might sneek into the cold war armour GB.

265639857.jpg

Still awaiting a Klear coat, decals some weathering and the spare tracks. I can't imagine how I managed to do this as a young lad, using tube glue. Even with liquid cement some of the suspension locating pins melted and I ended up using CA.

peebeep

I will pick up one or two one or two of these Italeri boxings sometime. The box is a bit confusing, the title says MkIII but the pic looks like a Mk VII. Seeing as I am still at the AFV dunce stage am I missing something?

Any comments on the Hasegawa kit? I am thinking along the lines of doing a whole series of small scale Brit tanks.

peebeep

I stumbled across lloydianapsects the other day, very useful info there, but it did convince me that OOB was best for me at the moment. It was gratifying to see that this otherwise excellent looking build had wobbly bogies like my own effort!

The Italeri/ESCI kit looks nice, I will get one of those next time Mrs peebeep isn't looking. The thing that confuses me is the turret bulges on the box art illustration, I thought this was a feature of Mk VII's? Does the kit turret have the bulges?

peebeep