• Jazzy Jase's Mosquito FB VI
    • GCN's P-38 F5-E
    • Desmojen's Flower Class Corvette
    • Daz Greenwoods Bloody Omaha Diorama
    • AndyL's Jeep Diorama
    • Derbyeomanry's Tiger Tank

Verlinden 120mm Tank Hunter with Panzershreck

Normandy 1944

A nice little kit, kindly gifted by Andy (AndyL). My first attempt at a figure and I'm very pleased with the results. I've learnt a lot from this one model.

Manufacturer: Verlinden

Scale: 120mm

Paints: Tamiya acrylics, Citadel Metalic acyrlics, Promodellers Dark Wash.

Extras: Due to the PE being AWOL on the Panzershreck the rear 'cage', sights and shoulder rest are all scratchbuilt from odd PE bits. The rifle sling and Panzershreck sling are made from Tamiya tape.

WIP: Is HERE

ywknr6.jpgywknru.jpg

ywknrv.jpgywknrw.jpg

ywknr0.jpg

Please don't leave your comment here this thread is for finished builds only. I will post in RFI as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tamiya P-51B 'Big Mac Junior'

Hey chaps here's my finished aircraft for the group build 1/48 Tamiya P-51B 'Big Mac Junior' flown by CAPT John Brown Jr of the 363FG 328FS France Aug 44.

First go at Alclad and I'm very happy at the result, just need to get my surface prep 100% and take my time.

* Kit manufacture: Tamiya

* Scale: 1/48

* Type: P-51B

* Extras used: Life Like Decals P-51 Decals

* Paints and colours used: Alclad Ali, Airframe Ali, Dark Ali and Magnesium. Xtracrylix Olive drab, White and Black

* Other info: Mig pigments wash and promodeller wash.

MustangP-51B08.jpg

MustangP-51B04.jpg

MustangP-51B02.jpg

MustangP-51B01.jpg

MustangP-51B05.jpg

MustangP-51B06.jpg

• 1 month later...

ICM Spitfire IXc

Here's my 1/48 ICM Spitfire IXc finished as MJ255 VZ-S flown by P/O H.G. Garwood of 412 sqn. who belly landed her near Tilly-sur-Seulles following an engine failure on June 11th 1944.

My first ICM Spitfire and a very enjoyable build. Also my first attempt at "dual diffusion painting"

Kit manufacturer: ICM

Scale: 1/48

Type: Spitfire MkIXc

Extras used: Eduard P.E. cockpit set; Ultracast Seat, wing tips, cannon barrels and bulges, cockpit door; Falcon vacform canopy; Watermark Canadian D-Day Spitfire Decals

Paints and colours used: Xtracrylix Ocean Grey, Dark Green, Medium Sea Grey, Interior Grey/Green; Tamiya Black, White, NATO Black, Red Brown, Buff, Red, Yellow; Alclad Aluminium.

Other info: Weathering/Washes - Windsor & Newton Water Mixable Oils.

Build thread is here

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

Edited by Notdoneyet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mosquito FB VI modelled as NS850, TH-M "Black Rufe", 418Sqn RCAF. This squadron performed daylight intruder sorties over occupied territory in support of D-Day. This possibly explains the lack of invasion stripes as the stripes may have made the aircraft too visible to the enemy.

The kit was typical Tamiya and went together nicely. My first attempt at PE. I killed the first kit and had to start again. Reasonably pleased with the result but I feel I need to work on my weathering and shading skills with the airbrush.

Manufacturer: Tamiya

Scale: 1/72

Paints: Tamiya acrylics, Vallejo Model Air acrylics, Citadel Metallic acyrlics, Mig Washes

Extras: Eduard Zoom photo etch for the cockpit, intake covers and wiper. Aviaeology and Extradecal decals. Lead wire.

WIP: Is HERE

3578401154_acf059c42b_o.jpg

3578400982_7faf7e869a_o.jpg

3578401306_dfd8c24b31_o.jpg

3578965935_ca86533f4b_o.jpg

3578965377_07bae974f0_o.jpg

Having failed to finish my Mustang III in time for the deadline I was drawn to Kiwi Steve's P51-B, Jen's little corvette is a jewel, but I think it just misses because it's crying out for a few etched crew and a little seascape to make it come alive.

Notdoneyets Spitfire is handsome and the ICM kit is a fav of mine, but in the end I went for Karls spendid job of the old Airfix Mossie, thats nice, very nice indeed.

I voted for Daz's Bloody Omaha diorama. For me it's the one that really says D-Day.

And thanks to whoever voted for my Mossie, I'm pleased that someone appreciated it.

Edited by Jazzy Jase

I thought they were all good entries, very difficult to separate, but I went for Jases' Mossie as it was in 1/72 scale and showed some great technique. The camo application and weathering, just fantastic.

Well done to all entries though, very diverse subjects on the theme. :goodjob:

Having failed to finish my Mustang III in time for the deadline I was drawn to Kiwi Steve's P51-B, Jen's little corvette is a jewel, but I think it just misses because it's crying out for a few etched crew and a little seascape to make it come alive.

Notdoneyets Spitfire is handsome and the ICM kit is a fav of mine, but in the end I went for Karls spendid job of the old Airfix Mossie, thats nice, very nice indeed.

I have to admit that I was unaware of the availability of PE crew members, but in all honesty that kind of feel was never intended for the build as it is purely a show piece. I should have mentioned in my thread that I am waiting on Dswoofie for a little mahogany base to match the one my WEM Flower is on, the resin chunks are not a permanent feature!

Either way, thanks for the feedback, and thanks to those that have voted for me/her, much appreciated! :D

Jen.