F-15E

Finally finished this on Sunday but only managed to take the photos today. This was a crimbo pressie from the missus and i was like a kid :analintruder: when i opened it - still get a kick out of looking at it. This is my first 1/32 scale jet ever. I've got a Tonka to do and recently traded the Hunter with Monty Python. The kit is an absolute dream of a build and theres hardly any filler on it at all, just the wing/body join. I cant describe the detail on the kit and the quality is top notch. I had no problem with the construction at all except a couple of screws (yes screws) which need some brute force. The kit is sprayed with Xtracolor body and the rest is Revell square pots. I tried a new method of flattening (80% Klear & 20% Tamiya flat base) courtesy of Snipersmudge. It worked a dream with no clogging what so ever. The silver bits are ALCLAD and again its the first time i've used it - tremendous smell. All the decals went down fine with only 2 silvering. Lastly i used Tamiya Smoke instead of the usual dirty wash. I think on this scale it looks better but for the smaller stuff perhaps wash. Its probably not very acurate with everything out, but i just had to do it. The base i picked up at Telford 08 for £3.50. The tarmac is weathered underneath just can see it in these shots. I'll be bringing it to Yeovilton tomorrow so some can have a gander. I didn't want to load it out, as when doing research everybody seems to do that, so i didn't just purely to be different. I created the fod/red covers from Tissue paper and PVA/Water mix.

Enjoy and comments please......

IMG_6800.jpg

IMG_6799.jpg

IMG_6797.jpg

IMG_6795.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

IMG_6791.jpg

IMG_6789.jpg

IMG_6788.jpg

IMG_6784.jpg

IMG_6782.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

I always like to see your builds Speedy, they get better every time, this is a really nice, clean and well finished example of the Eagle.

JB.

nice one mate!! :thumbsup: remember seing these taxi by when i was on basic training at raf honington,they where resurfacing the runway at lakenheath,and where using honington as an away base!!big and noisy ,especially from about 40 ft away :gobsmacked: ,got us all a bollocking for not paying attention to the little man trying to teach us military dancing!! :angrysoapbox.sml:

Very Nice Speedy. :goodjob:

How did she know to buy you that monster?

Adrian

I let it be known to my son that i was watching one, but didn't give too much away knowing she'd get something for crimbo. The Tamiya example was a pure guess on her behalf, i beleive she got it from Shrewsbury model shop via the internerd.

Snipersmudge - yes it will be there for the guys that didnt got to Yeovilton

Les - Its the biggest base i had!, but i scaled the lines correctly if its any concerlation?