Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

hatchet

Wild Weasel!

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

I'll be trying to get a Tornado finished for this GB.

I'll be doing a Luftwaffe ECR from the RoG 1/72 kit. I have a kit that I had started in a small way, here's some pictures of it.

Overview

ECR001.jpg

What's been done

ECR002.jpg

Painted the IPs and tub, put two tank-halves together, assembled the bang-seats and filled the holes for the c/l pylon.

I'll have more to show later.

-and no, it won't have Tiger-stripes when finished :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking IP's.

I have one of these in 1/32 which will have tiger stripes :D I am saving it for when I can do it justice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks TOM!

A little bit more to show

Progress on the tub

ECR003.jpg

ECR004.jpg

put some blanking for the intakes in

ECR005.jpg

I'll also be trying a slightly different approach with the attachment of the wings, stay tuned for that.

I'll be doing a Luftwaffe ECR from the RoG 1/72 kit.
Then again, I've just gotten MA-decals for an AMI ECR, MM7021 50-01, 155° Gruppo. I might do that one and do a Luftwaffe one later :) Edited by hatchet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice work Martin, too small for me :)
Nice start Martin, I'm with Mish, too small for me as well.
Thanks Guys! At least it's not 1/144 :hypnotised:

BTW, I'm gonna go with the Italian jobbie :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more

BOZ pods

ECR009.jpg

I reversed the end-cap on the dark grey one. Apparently the AMI doesn't use any ECM pods.

HARMs ready for paint

ECR010.jpg

MLG wells being closed. It'll take a bit of work

ECR011.jpg

All for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more!

Gasbags

ECR012.jpg

I sanded off the raised detail, as I believe it would be too much hassle to recreate what has been lost when I removed the seam.

Did a bit of detail-painting with Aircraft Interior Black

ECR013.jpg

ECR014.jpg

ECR015.jpg

-as well as some grey

ECR016.jpg

All for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More!

One of the gasbags

ECR017.jpg

Put some Gekko-putty on the fins to remove the gap between them and the 'bag.

Yes, that's an underbelly pylon :)

Inner wing pylons

ECR018.jpg

just a bit of cleanup to do.

As the gasbags are on the centerline, the HARMs will have to go on these :)

More work (PSR) done to the MLG doors

ECR019.jpg

Still more needed :wacko:

All for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting loadout there!
:DLike this! That's even the aircraft I'm doing, MM7021, 50-01, 155° Gruppo, 50° Stormo.

Mine'll have grey rails for the HARMs tho' ;)

More pictures:

Seats being painted

ECR020.jpg

ECR021.jpg

That 2nd picture is a bit bad, innit?

Intakes

ECR022.jpg

ECR023.jpg

Not the easiest job on the kit :wacko:

Wings

ECR024.jpg

All for now - well, from yesterday actually :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No pictures to show, but I am doing some work on it. I've tried milliput for the first time and I'm fairly pleased. I'll need to learn to use it sparingly tho'!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Martin,

Milliput is one of those "once tried, never forgotten" things!

Looked again at your picture of the real world aeroplane - without all the kit in the front (FLIR, LRMTS, cannon) the nosewheel does appear to be relatively unloaded, giving the slight nose-up stance distinct in the Revell kit. Although the advice is usually to shorten the kit nose oleo part, in your case it will probably come out spot on.

Nice work so far,

:thumbsup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mate!

in your case it will probably come out spot on.
Especially since I'm doing it in-flight ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Martin, you always amaze me with how you manage to produce seriously smart cockpits in 72nd :worthy:

Bexy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks mate!

Especially since I'm doing it in-flight ;)

:doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More done :yahoo:

Fuselage mostly done

ECR025.jpg

With :worthy: :worthy: The Fin :worthy: :worthy: on

ECR026.jpg

ECR027.jpg

I've done quite a bit of filling and sanding, especially to the underside, which has resulted in much of the detail being obliterated.

I'm not exactly impressed with the moulding quality of the kit - there is/was a lot of flash on the kit and many places where the molds were misaligned. It seems that they're being worn down very quickly. I can see the same thing happening on the Typhoon-kit, I have some early mouldings which are nice and crisp and some later ones that... aren't.

Flyboys.

ECR028.jpg

From a Fujimi Tomcat I believe. I wish pilots would always be included

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...