1/72 Academy Typhoon 1B

Jazzy Jase

Made a start on the Typhoon. It's going to be Typhoon RB222/TP-E from 198 Squadron.

I'm building this simultaneously with a Tamiya Mosquito. Both using Xtradecals Normandy Invasion set.

So far I've removed the cockpit parts and fuselage from the sprues.

3260259462_38b5772015_o.jpg

I see, multi tasking huh?

Yep. I figured that because they are both pretty much the same colours I can paint them both at the same time. So I've got to build them at the same time too!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would give a quick update on this one. It's pretty much on hold whilst I finish a model I'm building as a gift for someone. I have finished the cockpit however and I'm ready to glue the fuselage halves together. I will take a couple of photos ASAP.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out which aircraft to make as the Xtradecals I have are not correct.

What,s wrong with the Xtradecals?

Phil

Just thought I would give a quick update on this one. It's pretty much on hold whilst I finish a model I'm building as a gift for someone. I have finished the cockpit however and I'm ready to glue the fuselage halves together. I will take a couple of photos ASAP.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out which aircraft to make as the Xtradecals I have are not correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, with the arrival of my new camera this morning I have taken a couple of pics of the interior:

3407938800_99cba8d82f_o.jpg

3407131261_a8b40dbb35_o.jpg

3407131865_773f955742_o.jpg

The images are really zoomed in, so it looks a little rough around the edges but it looks fine to the naked eye.

Thanks to Red Dragon for sending me some decals I think the Typhoon I'm now going to build is MN317 ZY-B "China British" of 247 Squadron.

The aircraft has fuselage and wing invasion stripes, 3 bladed prop and I'm pretty sure the smaller tailplanes.

• 1 month later...

Time for an update on the Typhoon. It's all together with filling done and most of the sanding complete but I don't think it will be finished by the GB deadline as I decided to concentrate on getting the Mosquito finished.