W O R S T fitting IM kit ever ?

Ian

Sounds like a contender for a Worst Kit In The World GB

you know like when a buch of lads go out on the razzle and have a bet about who could make the worst possible kit.

Well it won't win hands down, IIRC the Heller 1/72 scale Alpha Jet is a also strong contender! :puke:

Except its a Heller kit, chosen by and released by Heller with no input or involvement by Airfix whatsoever, even when they were both under the Humbrol banner (and they parted company back in 2005).

Other than that, it is a pretty ropey kit. :sick:

Touche, my mistake. I saw some Airfix ones in the model shop so must've been thinking about them instead. :sorry:

Are the two the same kit then, or is the Heller one independant now they've parted?

Looks like one of those that one can get a good result from, but takes a lot of work. I agree that 10 of them would be a nightmare though!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, does that mean Esci are ultimately responsible for this mess then? A worthy stablemate for their F-100 Super Sabre (definitely the worst fitting IM kit I've ever made!)

Edited by PHaTNesS

Ah, does that mean Esci are ultimately responsible for this mess then? A worthy stablemate for their F-100 Super Sabre (definitely the worst fitting IM kit I've ever made!)

Yes they are. I´ve built the Esci one back in the 80´s and the fit was horrible! On the other hand Esci made some nice 1/72 kits, like the F-100, F-5 family, Harrier... Most of them are re-released this days by Italeri and Revell and they didnt look like 25 year old toolings.

Well after a LOT of PSR and harsh language, here's where I'm up to.

AJ3a.jpg

AJ3b.jpg

AJ3c.jpg

AJ3d.jpg

Let's be honest, it's not going to win any awards, but I WILL finish this little b*gg*r to a reasonable standard..... and then put it in a box and never talk of it again !

Ian

The impossible takes longer... I too have this kit in a box somewhere, and THAT is where it's going to stay. PJ Productions have a resin kit slated for release later this year, so I think I'll hold out for that :)

btw - what IS that pilot doing? :o Doesn't he know he could go blind?

• 2 weeks later...

There were a number of times, actually almost the whole build so far, that I thought this just couldn't be done. Anyhoos here it is, just a (sizeable) gap ahead of the windshield to fill - of course I'm used to this by now - then off to the paint shed with the Dornier (for the GB over on Swannysmodels.com) & Mirage.

AJ4a.jpg

AJ4b.jpg

AJ4c.jpg

Thanks for all the support and encouragement so far.

Ian

Looks alright to me I suppose...don't know what all the fuss is about Ian, not too much filler by the look of it... :P:D

I was going to remark about the front pilot's pose too, until saw Mike had beaten me to it! Good job on the kit though, looks great so far!!

• 4 weeks later...
The impossible takes longer... I too have this kit in a box somewhere, and THAT is where it's going to stay. PJ Productions have a resin kit slated for release later this year, so I think I'll hold out for that :)

btw - what IS that pilot doing? :o Doesn't he know he could go blind?

Mike,you BAD boy !! :whistle:

Cheers,Bazza.