Tornado Gr.1 Revell - FINISHED!

Ale85

Finally i can join this GB...i hope to end this model within the end of the GB! I choose the little Revell jewel, in RAF version (i love RAF Tornados...); this will be a OOB model. For me the 72nd is too little...

Te box-art

tornado001yw2.jpg

i simply pianted the cockpit with the base coat of H-335 Mediums Sea grey by Gunze. This afternoon i will gave the washing and dry-brushing and painting the tiny very tiny...) details!

tornado002ik1.jpg

tornado003ab1.jpg

the fin..

tornado004db0.jpg

That's all!

Ciao

Ale

Edited by Ale85

I start the pianting job on my little British bird...i used H-82 for the lightest grey and H-331 for the darkest one, both from the Gunze's range

tornado011tl9.jpg

tornado012wr1.jpg

tornado013zx0.jpg

That's all, hope you like it. Next step: wethering and painting of the landing gears and all details to be paintend in gloss white! Stay tuned!

ciao

Ale

I start the pianting job on my little British bird...i used H-82 for the lightest grey and H-331 for the darkest one, both from the Gunze's range

tornado011tl9.jpg

tornado012wr1.jpg

tornado013zx0.jpg

That's all, hope you like it. Next step: wethering and painting of the landing gears and all details to be paintend in gloss white! Stay tuned!

ciao

Ale

Ale,

Tornado landing gear & gear wells is grey,NOT white!!(Despite what people believe!)

Also,dont add the drops until you've fitted the gear.It's fiddly work.

Merv

many thanks for the tips...damn for the landing gears!!! I will make them grey for the next Tornado's that i will build (my dream i s tu buil a fleet of RAF Tornados...). Is the Xtracolor X147 light grey correct for the landing gears???

Other pics of my tornado: i put the stencils on the sky shadow pod, next the tanks and the BOZ pod!!

tornado001ja5.jpg

tornado002qj3.jpg

tornado003lf2.jpg

that's all, hope you like it!

ciao

Ale

• 3 weeks later...

I painted, futurized and coated my model with the matt clear...

I had to fight against a huge silvering, masked by the flash on the photo..

any idea??

tornado004.jpg

tornado005f.jpg

tornado006.jpg

I hope to finish soon my little Tornado!

hope you like it!

Ciao

Ale

I had to fight against a huge silvering, masked by the flash on the photo..

any idea??

Did you put the decals on the flat coat or the future - if on the flat then that would explain silvering.

If not, then try using the future as a setting agent for the decals - this usually happens with Revell kits as the decals are quite thick.

The jet still looks very nice indeed!