Jeff bashes a "Bagger"

You are correct Ted. I have learned that when powered down the bag is deflated. The build article by Mr Hall has it inflated with the blades folded. Must suffer with inaccuracy for the sake of an interesting subject and to show just what it looks like. A limp bag, well, just doesn't serve it's purpose Ha Ha

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

A few things were accomplished over the weekend. The RAF Blue/Grey (at least my rendition) was put on. The door with the searchwater radar is temporarily attached with a stripe of blue painters tape. Gloss coat applied, and if the day does not close in on me, decalling should be done.

000_0289.jpg

000_0290.jpg

This underside shot shows the antennas and some things supplied by ED Models C scale set. Only after the picture was taken did I see the nasty seam showing. Oh well, once in the display case......

Two deviations made from the A W Hall article: Engine exhaust covers and holes drilled in the hull for landing lights by MV products number LS25.

Even with all the references out there, some "Best Guess' technology is used.

000_0291.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone and cheers.

Jeff S

Edited by Jeff S

Well, here she is. Sea King AEW of D flight, 824 NAS 1982-83. The project started on Jan 31st and finished this evening.

SeaKingfinish.jpg

And as advertised, the radome rotates.

Radomeworks.jpg

I found this to be a real interesting build. One that I stayed pretty well "geeked up" for through the whole project. It forced me to think outside normal scale modeling styles. Alan W Hall showed the way long before resin aftermarket. In some cases the build involved "best guess" thinking as even with so much reference there were gaps. I must thank gengiz (Fred) and thomasweir (Tom) for providing me with pictures and comments that were really needed. One last item. I caught myself having to remember to stick to task (article) and stop wandering. Most of all to know when to say "enough on this one. Move on."

I met Mr Hall in 1985 at the IPMS Nats in Indianapolis. A right joyful old cuss and my collection of Airfix and SAM magazines are real treasures that get revisited often.

Recently my daughter, raids my pants pockets for change drops a quarter (25 cents) into a vending machine at the local grocery store to buy candy or jewerly. Look at the packaging that it comes in. And you know what? It is the perfect size for the Searchwater radar. Jokes on me.

100_4543.jpg

Thanks for looking and cheers everyone.

Jeff S