"Beep Beep"

Leigh

This is possibly my favourite model built thus far AFV Club WC-52 Beep. Like all AFV club it is superbly engineered and goes together beautifully. Two things to watch out for though I don't like to call them criticisms 'cos it was partly my fault. Like all AFV Club trucks there is a full enging that needs to be built, the instructions are a little vague on fixing the radiator and it can easily sit on either of two steps on the chassis, be warned all the body panels line up with the radiator and I put mine in wrong probably about 1mm to far back and too high and ended up with a very twisted looking truck, managed to fix it all. The wheels attach with poly caps and are a bit wobbly so you need to check your alignment after you set it down.

beeppost1.jpg

beeppost2.jpg

beeppost3.jpg

The trailer came from the old Peerless Max/Italeri Dodge command car kit and recieved a fair amount of tarting up.

beeppost4.jpg

beeppost5.jpg

The base is made from some off cuts of stone flooring I picked up off a job site, cool because they are'nt the usual size and shape of most bases, just white glued on some real dirt, pebbles and model railroad grass

beeppost6.jpg

The figure was adapted again from the old Peerless kit, that was a real trial trying to adapt him to sit correctly and hold the steering wheel, many many amputations but a good learning process on adapting figures.

beeppost7.jpg

I wanted to make him black partly to score brownie points with Jonelle and because blacks were relegated to the support roles in WWII and this is a 3rd Army vehicle and Patton had great admiration for his black soldiers, basically a tribute. Though my limited figure skills and painting black people convincingly is not easy.

beeppost8.jpg

Cargo came from various sources, tissue paper tarps, crates made from toothpicks, the peerless kit donated an axle too.

beeppost9.jpg

Thanx, Mike I managed to fix the twist, Daz not yet but I've got two to do it's basically the same kit with a longer chassis.

Edited by Leigh