Turkish F16 (Block 50)

Guest les

Been on this since Jan 1st comming on slowly, The tail decal will either work or not (Model Alliance decals should be ok) One question is the nose cone as you can see from the pictures they are remarkably different (Dependant on weather conditions) Not to sure if I am entierly happy with the colour. Question Any ideas what colour is correct?

1280304.jpg

photo37.jpg

f-16002.jpg

f-16001.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

One question is the nose cone as you can see from the pictures they are remarkably different (Dependant on weather conditions) Not to sure if I am entierly happy with the colour. Question Any ideas what colour is correct?
There isn't really a "right" colour for Viper radomes. They're delivered in, I think, FS36320, but they weather all to hell and gone quickly. Go for FS36320 and darken it with whatever takes your fancy in browns and greys. Nobody'll ever be able to tell you it's wrong and make it stick! :D You can check out the pictures in the gallery on f-16.net, you'll see what I mean :)

Well put the decal on the fin last night and all I can say is the Quality is the Dogs Danglies, The hole fin is a decal, Model Alliance decals are the Nuts :thumbsup:

f-160022.jpg

f-160012.jpg

The colour seems a bit dark but it all really depends on what light the aircraft photographed in, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I think it looks the part. A nice wash and some weathering and its all good :)

Been on this since Jan 1st comming on slowly, The tail decal will either work or not (Model Alliance decals should be ok) One question is the nose cone as you can see from the pictures they are remarkably different (Dependant on weather conditions) Not to sure if I am entierly happy with the colour. Question Any ideas what colour is correct?

dark gull grey will be a good match ,believe me ;)

Nice work Les, looks good... :goodjob:. One small detail though...the Turkish block 50's don't have the same style of AIFF bird slicer as supplied in the kit and found on USAF block 50's. They're actually only half the length of the standard ones and mounted on a thickish plate. Heres a closer look...

45941_1223135550.jpg

IIRC the right sized blades and plate are included in the Kinetic kits if you want to correct it.

Edited by Gary C

I have to say I quite like that particular Tiger Meet design. It makes a nice change form some of the super serious or over the top designes that you sometimes see.

Nice to see militaries excercising a sense of humour.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost any gray! The radome is not painted, but covered in a neoprene-based coating that gathers grime, dirt, smoke, you name it. So it all depends on time, weather, and maintenance. Just follow your references and you'll be fine:

angpq7.jpg

For more info, check this sticky thread:

Zone-Five

HTH!

Almost any gray! The radome is not painted, but covered in a neoprene-based coating that gathers grime, dirt, smoke, you name it. So it all depends on time, weather, and maintenance. Just follow your references and you'll be fine:

For more info, check this sticky thread:

Zone-Five

HTH!

Daniel?

Real long mate! Was just making sure it was you :D Still doing the rotorhead thing (I suppose the avatar is a hint)?

Actually doing the UAV thing! That's what that avatar means ;)

I'm hanging out with a bunch of old friends on a new site. And I had totally forgot I joined this site almost a year ago! :lol:

Actually doing the UAV thing! That's what that avatar means ;)

I'm hanging out with a bunch of old friends on a new site. And I had totally forgot I joined this site almost a year ago! :lol:

Found that site mate, currently lurking there a bit ;)

UAVs eh? Well, there's an r/c forum here too :analintruder: