Revell 1/32 Mustang III + Kitsworld Decals

zero

Looks pretty cool with the decals on Dave.. :partytime:

It's probably a bit late to mention now you've decalled it up but the rivet detail on that model is way overhanded so you could have sanded it off and probably ended up with a more accurate model. The P-51's had the rivets polished smooth and even had the seams filled with putty to make them more slippery.

However, I know what it's like when you think you've ruined something and the only course of remedial action is to f*ck it up even more, so sometimes limping to the finish is a great idea. I think that's probably what'll happen with my P-38 which, the more I look at it is an irredeemable pile of :shit: and I think next time I'll spend the money to buy the Hasegewa version.... :hanging:

Thank you again, all!

Timbo, I understand fully what your saying, however my goal was to stay true to the original kit with updated decals. I have the later Revell version of this kit, I'll watch out for this.

Yep the Revell P38 is known to be a dog, but again with work it can look good, however I do agree, it might just be easier to buy Hasagawa (or Trumpeter) from the start.

Hopefully I'm not far from finishing this now, and then I can move on to a better kit.

Regards

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got a bit more modelling done today on this, I suppose I was a little deflated due to the cracks, and busting the wheel of the back, but today I've repaired that and sorted the undercarriage so it now is standing on three wheels as it should over two.

only a few more jobs to do now.

finish painting the tailwheel doors,

tidy up the nose strip a little, the rivets made doing this a real pig, im still not happy with it.

tone it all down with a coat of matt varnish at present it is way to shiny.

bit more weathering and oil streaks as well

As it stands at Close of play tonight (lack of light stops play!)

361017000.jpg

361017010.jpg

Dave

Sadly far from the best model I have ever build, but I managed to beat the problems and get to the finish line.

361095971.jpg

361095981.jpg

361095984.jpg

Dave

Looks good to me Dave, well done.

Thanks Mish.

Just glad to have got to the end of the build, with it all still in one piece. Handle with care, jobby now.

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...