Harrier G-VTOL

Hi All,

To answer a few questions:- The nose section of the kit was sawn off and a 47 'scale inches' balsa plug was inserted, this was sanded down, removed, sanded down a bit more and was then used as a vacform master. The rear portion of the canopy was done in almost the same way.

the elongated rear end was built up from plasticard and epoxy putty, as was the fin/rudder.I hope you find this of some use.

Regards,

Glenn

Very nice indeed! :speak_cool:

Yes it does. Please keep building Harriers. Any chance of the VAAC next?

Hi kirk,

Sorry, no. The only other Harrier I shall build will be one of Trumpeters 1/32 GR.7's when they come out.

There are so many other models I want to build, I need at least another three lifetimes to get them all done!

Regards,

Glenn

A right pair of beauties Glenn! :bouncy: I don't remember seeing G-VTOL in those colours before, was that it's first scheme? I've only seen her in camo.

Excellent builds and I look forward to seeing what you do with the Trumpy kit when it gets released.

Paul Harrison

Very nice Glenn , the P1127 is more my cup of char to be honest , Beautiful finish on both, I believe that the colourful scheme didn't last too long as the aircraft ran out of runway on a test flight from Dunsfold in 1971 , was badly damaged and lost it's lovely shiny coat whilst being retreived from the crash site by crane :shocked: .I've only ever seen it on Ken Duffey's 1/72nd scale job, more used to seeing it in brown/tan camo or grey/white.

Great job,

Andy

Can't wait to see the GR.7, you've got me addicted! Absolutely drooling over the both of them...

Are the exhaust ducts painted on the 1.1 version? I imagine they'd be a real bugger to upkeep!

Well done mate and keep them coming! :thumbsup: