Walrus build #2

AnonymousFO98

Some demonic force possesed me and i cracked on apace with my second build- Blitzbau by my standards

just need to finish off the bang seat, make the aux intake doors and tidy up a few niggly gaps.

but the main structure is all there and she is now looking like a "harrier" :yahoo:

fit hasn't been good in places but nothing a bit of effort couldn't put right

i thought it was just me- and it still could be pilot error, but have seen someone else make the same comments.

Any hoo it is still a jolly nice kit and looking forward to starting the Indian Navy Shar

again will post an update asap

Edited by walrus

Looks kinda funny in the silver plastic, never seen a bare metal Harrier before :lol:

Tidy build so far, are you planning any further detail in the 'pit?

Thanks guys

Tidy build so far, are you planning any further detail in the 'pit?

not on this one Col, apart from the ejection seat.

the office does look a bit sparse , but as this is a group build and i want to finish it within reasonable time i will leave it.

it is my first Esci Harrier, and i have others with which to scratch details or maybe get some after market additions in there.

The plastic is that weird hard silver stuff which isn't my favourite. it looks like there are still seam lines when there isn't!

Interesting to hear about the possible fit issues as I have a few ESCI/Italeri Harriers in the stash.

the breakdown of parts may be partly the issue, as they allow for different variants to be produced. There is nothing too drastic however.

the hardest to fill was the underside wing root, as it is very close to the nozzle fairing (sorry don't know technical name - will try and post close up to show)

i built up the wing first and attached to the fuselage. on the Shars i hope to start after this one, will try and see how it fares by attaching the upper wing to the fuselage first, then the lower wings. unless anyone knows better, but i can't really see it will make a lot of difference.

• 1 month later...

having nearly completed the mustang for the longest day gb, am hoping to pick up on this one again fairly soon

will have to run in parallel with the SCW GB which is what i was hoping to avoid.

having the house rewired really took the wind out of my sails after a lot of modelling momentum earlier this year.

my daughter will be coming for a visit in her Easter hols so that could slow/stop proceedings again- but for good reasons.

however may have an additional naval forces joint build lined up.

will try and finish the bang seat this week if housework doesn't get in the way

• 4 weeks later...

well this just didn't happen

really sorry guys. life got in the way :(

everything was going really well to start with

then ground to a halt

thanks for a great gb and have enjoyed immensely seeing all the other excellent build take place without any degree of envy whatsoever :sick: