walrus build #1

AnonymousFO98

Have been busy by my standards sorry i haven't been posting pics but i wanted to concentrate on building

will hopefully show progress made soon

with any luck the sky undesides will be touche up and completed soon and will photo then

great work on the GB so have a lot to live up to

Edited by walrus

thanks chaps

actually Col the spinner is a gimme!

the colours break down onto the parts nicely! I was tempted by the Ark option which would have been trickier as they were narrow red and white stripes- repeated on the finlets. looks great but my daughter wanted the pirate on the finlets. well what self respecting Newcastle lass would want red/white stripes- not that i have anything against the maccams meself like!

managed to get the decals on will hopefully post pics tomorrow. The roundels needed replacing as they were out of register and anything but water breaks em up. but apart from missing a pair of 33" roundels for the fuselage it is done. Luckily i think i have some from the Xtrakit Sea Venom, but they are very slightly undersize.

the tailfin codes broke up on me but got it sorted bar a touch of sky to replicate the stencil style font.

if there are any Gannet buffs out there please could someone explain where the two red squares are supposed to go? there is no "23" on the decal placement please?

• 2 weeks later...

well not quite finished enough to pop in the gallery just yet but near as will be able to get for a while.

Did some light work in the panel lines, and no weathereing yet. needs a bit of a touch up here and there but don't we all :analintruder:

As i am a bit uncertain about a couple of details it may be as well to wait till i can get some reference. maybe pick up the 4+ book.

At least i have it at a stage where i can sign it off, and further work will have to be done at the MU. the house is being rewired so no more modelling for a week or two :clif:

(Apologies for the flash)

004-3.jpg

005a.jpg

006-3.jpg

009a.jpg

010a.jpg

Thank you all for the kind comments

Hi Stebos

the flaps are quite well engineered and went together a lot easier than i thought! only knocked one out through handling so far. so trumpy did something right! :yahoo:

the kit generally goes together very well- and i found it an enjoyable build. will do another variant at some point in the future. Daz and Nev have made me itch for a T2 next! gimme gimme gimme! Then a FOAC.

please someone release a 1/72 AEW3 :beg:

Edit: Meant to add that i find the Gannet rather beautiful. Making this kit has only endorsed the sentiment

Edited by walrus

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement

was hoping to tweak one or two details before posting in the gallery but have not felt up to it of late.

so am going to sign this one off as is and hope that is acceptable among some excellent builds already posted and doubtless yet to be pinned up.

thanks again to Bex and Shaun and to all who stopped by to comment - very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Paul, she looks jsut fine as she is, top build my friend :thumbsup:

Shame about the Matador, but real life takes priority ;) If you like, we can arrange for a Mod to move your thread into the WIP section, I for one would be keen to see how she pans out :)