120mm German Tank Hunter Figure

What a cool subject, big too!! Good luck with your first figure...!!!

D-Day Cheers,

ggc

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've added a bit of colour to our Axis friend. He actually looks better than he does in the photo. He has a lot more variation in skin tones.

I will have to try adjusting the lighting.

I'm not happy with the eyes yet, it's just that they are damn small to work on :)

ywxgk1.jpg

Edited by Mish

I'm a bit dim with figures Mish - does 120mm mean he's 120mm tall? I guess that means if he's 6 foot tall (1.8m) it's a scale of about 1/15?

Looking pretty good anyway - I suppose it's like any modelling, if you've got a bigger model it's easier to work on but you also need to put more detail in...can't see Dazz painting eyes on his 1/72 figures !!!! :thumbsup:

I'm a bit dim with figures Mish - does 120mm mean he's 120mm tall? I guess that means if he's 6 foot tall (1.8m) it's a scale of about 1/15?

Looking pretty good anyway - I suppose it's like any modelling, if you've got a bigger model it's easier to work on but you also need to put more detail in...can't see Dazz painting eyes on his 1/72 figures !!!! :thumbsup:

Yes Tim he is 120mm tall about 6", mix of resin and PE and I've tried painting 1:35 figures and 1:48 both with no success. Hope this one goes better.

Tim.

I have painted eyes on my 1/72nd scale figures.

You've gotta be kiddin me!!! :mental:

If so Dazz I take my hat off to you - I can barely paint figures in 1/48 and if I try to put eyes on they look like they've had a serious shock!!! :hypnotised:

Edited by timbo33

Figure's looking good Mish - I like the five o'clock shadow and the boots.......I suppose you've just got to to join it all up now LOL!!! :whistle:

Love the weathering on those boots.

A good tip for eyes on small figures is to make sure the whites are in the corners only, it's always tempting to dot the iris in centrally, but too much white surround gives that googly eyes look! You seem to have avoided that though.