Welcome to the Britmodeller D-Day GB

AnonymousDFB1

Welcome to the D-Day - The Longest Day Group Build.

GB Dates

6th February to 6th June 2009

The 'rules'

The timeframe will be June 1st 1944 to August 20th 1944, and if it flew, drove, ran, and floated in that timeframe and was in the theatre then its in.

Part builds to the normal 25% completion (host discretion, GB mods have final say in a dispute)

As a guideline all allied aircraft must have invasion stripes unless you can show evidence that none was carried.

All vehicles, ship and aircraft must have unit marking that was in the theatre in the timeframe.

Although we have quite a large timframe covering most of the battle of Normandy. We would like to encourage entries that conform to the spirit of the GB and are as near in time to D-Day as possible.

Your hosts for the GB are Andy (AndyL) and myself.

Edited by Mish

Mish.

I'm in for this one, but not sure what I'm going to build yet. Thanks to Nige (Cop) I now have a Revell 1/32 Mustang III Which has Invasion strips on which is well in the running but I can't find any history on the Aircraft. I have plenty of Aircraft kits in the stash, but not decals to cover this period. So that my mission at present to find suitable marking for something in the stash that covers this Period.

Anyone know of any I would be greatful for a prod, and I'll be doing some web trawling too. I'll also have my eye open at Modelkraft this weekend, both for decals and kits to suit, so I'm not calling a build till nearer the time, but I am in.

Dave

Nicw to have you aboard Dave, maybe bump into you at MK on Sunday

Hope so Mish. I will be out and about in the hall, and most likely on the door a lot of the time. but this is me, so if you bump in to me (anyone that knows me) please say Hi....

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1409/6773...5/352722181.jpg

Dave

I'm definitely aboard if you'll have me! :tomato:

Still not 100% sure of my subject, very probably a 1/72 Churchill AVRE.....I have an awful lot of options in the stash! :nerd:

All the best

Sgt.S

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Mish.

I'm going with the Mustang III from Cop

352955789.jpg

More information on the Plane I'm building (which I've confirmed flew in the lead up to and during the landings) and has a confirmed kill on the 8th against a FW190. is here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26606

Dave

I'd like to join in this group build, have several choices in mind.

I've even got some decals from Australia as they didn't seem to be available in the UK!

Tim.