Trumpeter 1/32 A7E Corsair II

AndyL

Too right...it's a big kit indeed. I think I'll stick to 1/48 in future :lol:

Right, been picking at it...the kit that is.

Nose u/c leg. I notice Trumpeter have missed off the pair of large landing lights seen on the leg. Ho hum...

grimbosq104.jpg

Some of the weaponry to add to the load of Mk 82's that I still haven't painted yet.

grimbosq107.jpg

Both main u/c legs.

grimbosq111.jpg

Hope to finish off the paintjob on the airframe tonight, and micromesh it back tomorrow for Klear and decals.

Thanks for looking.

Nice work here Andy. A-7Es don't have landing lights on the nose u/c, D's do though. Good choice with the Walleyes

Joel

Nice work here Andy. A-7Es don't have landing lights on the nose u/c, D's do though. Good choice with the Walleyes

Joel

Joel,

That's where I got confused...got some general u/c pics, some with, some without. That sorts it for me, thanks :thumbsup:

Andy

Right, it's decalled, up on its gear and wheels. Since taking the pic, the U/c doors are on,and all the sway braces. Will be ready for Coventry on Sunday!

grimbosq117.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wowser! YCBAR!, or in the days of the Corsair ATLLAR!* :analintruder: (oh, those un-pc days!), looks superb, got me in the mood to start something big from LTV.

Very nice Andy, you should be real proud of this one mate

Joel

*The squadron motto-You Can't Beat a Red cock! used to be All The Ladies Love A Redcock, they are known as the Fighting Redcocks

Thanks for the kind comments chaps!

This build met with a near terminal disaster last week. In my attempt to get it all sorted for the Britmodeller table at Coventry, it met with a mishap of sorts. Well, a good one to be honest.

I decided to do a bit more decalling downstairs, so stood at the top of said stairs, with finger firmly inserted up the A7's bum, and balancing it while shutting at spare room door, I felt a snap, as the jet pipe popped off the plate, sending the A7 airbourne down the stairs. The ensuing impacts took off U/C, U/C doors, most of the stuff hanging off the pylons, two of the pylons, pitots, etc...leaving it in a big pile of white and grey bits at the bottom, while I stood open mouthed with this on my finger (recreated for dramatic purposes! :lol: )

grimbosq130.jpg

There then followed a frantic time trying to find all the bits, and attempt to repair the thing, resulting in me sticking some stuff back on the wrong plyons, a plyon on back to front (don't ask!) and me covered in Araldite and a liberal coating of CA on my nose (once again, don't ask!) As Karl, dswoofie put it.."muppet!"

So, it didn't make Coventry, but I've been doing a repair job over the last two days and have got to this point..

grimbosq122-1.jpg

grimbosq124-1.jpg

After trashing the MER's with the pile of Mk82's, I can't be bothered to stick them back together, so I'm lobbing a pair of GBU24's on the vacant pylons instead.

Oh well, nearly there...and remember don't finger your SLUF...it'll only end in tears :lol:

Thanks for looking!

:analintruder: EEEEK holy crap and other words i cant use here

thats .....

i can only imagine what went through your mind as it flew downstairs mate

you did a great job repairing it

but clearly as you said they dont like it up em

If I had a tenner for every model I managed to drop in the final stages of painting....

grimbosq107.jpg

mmm Walleyes :D

looking good mate, nearly there !