Headingham Castle

Having seen the beginings of an excellent Cutty Sark - here (vanity vanity) is a picture of a scratch built model of the above - WWII frigate - 6ft approx long and weighs about 45lbs - in order to sit correctly R?C on board - gun turret rotates - had smoke from funnel and one or two other gismos. It was invaluable as a project giving me practice at using a lathe (which I had bought) - turning gun barrells and vents etc - plus various rails - was a lot of fun. It ended up on dsiplay in a model shop in Sussex - as it was taking up a lot of space - been there a week and someone who served on a similar vessel made me an offer I could not refuse - had a glass case made especially apparently. Shop keeper was sad at his display vanishing so lent him a scale paddle tug - again scratch built with gear boxes - and other working bits. Not in the window long and some villain yanks out the shop window and is off with my Tug!!! Not really built anything else in that line since.

Headinghamcastle010.jpg

• Like 4

• 7 years later...

Nice build - pity about the ''Maritime'' Villian ! maybe he needed the Tug to moor his Lifeboat !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...