1:48 Hasegawa F-14D Tomcat

AnonymousDFB1

• 2 weeks later...
A bit more done this morning, at least it's beginning to look like a Tomcat.

y05qt4.jpg

Nice work mish - I bagged one of these on ebay for my to do pile - wheres the best place to get that aires pit ?

Paul

Nice work mish - I bagged one of these on ebay for my to do pile - wheres the best place to get that aires pit ?

Paul

Thanks Paul, I would try Relish Models or any of the traders on here or you can go to Hannants . I got the kit and the cockpit as a prize so not had to go out and source one.

Thanks guys, done a bit of post shading this afternoon and put a coat off clear over her ready for decaling. Been having big problems with both compressors this afternoon building up lots of moisture in the water traps. Can't dissemble the new one as I don't have tools up to doing it.

A bird I have yet to build! The mottled effect in that top shot looks very effective.

Interesting split of jobs. Paint and decal tails before sticking them on. I wouldn't have thought of that myself. It is a function of the kit ,or the aircraft or is it Mish's top tip for Tomcats?

cheers

Grant

Thanks Grant, it's the first Tomcat I've ever built and so far she is turning out to be my best build.

I'm afraid I can't lay claim to the sequence of the build. I'm copying the wonderful Mr Phil Flory of Promodeller fame. Last year he did a great F-14 build and now it's available on DVD. It has been invaluable for this one.

That looks fantastic Mish! Loving the Jdams!! Just a minor niggle though, the rear canopy looks far too elevated, other than that blooming lovely!!

Good job!

Adam

Thanks both the canopy is only roughly positioned Adam.

Sorry thought it was finished, i take it back!!

Adam

A disastrous morning, tweezerpaulted sever bits of plastic and PE to the carpet monster and only managed to rescue a couple of pieces. the rest I have scratched together and used odds from the spares box, I hate this part of the build just doing all the fiddly finishing touches.