Revell 1/72 Lancaster B.I

Hi

This is my first model in quite a number of months but here it is the Revell 1/72 Lancaster! A great kit!

I dedicate this one to a friend who flew as the mid-upper gunner on the Piccadilly Princess.

I hope you like it. Constructive critiscism is welcome.

Thanks

Rob

l2.jpg

l1.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

l7.jpg

l8.jpg

l9.jpg

l10.jpg

Edited by Dr Lurrrrve
  • Like 1

Looks good. :thumbsup2: What gun barrels did you use? They look too detailed to be the Revell ones!

What colour did you paint the bombs and tyres? (I've tried to mix up some Tamiya colours to match those in the instructions, but I can seem to get the right colour match.)

Looks good. :thumbsup2: What gun barrels did you use? They look too detailed to be the Revell ones!

What colour did you paint the bombs and tyres? (I've tried to mix up some Tamiya colours to match those in the instructions, but I can seem to get the right colour match.)

Hi there Jase

I used the Quickboost barrels with the oval perforations. They look really good when painted black and then dry brushed with a gun metal shade. The Revell gun barrels are orrible and not at all convincing!!!

The bombs were Gunze Vietnam camo green (the lighter shade - can't remember FS number) with a bit of fading. To do this i heavily diluted Tamiya sky grey and misted it on very lightly.

The tyres are Revell acrylic Anthracite with a touch of black added to darken it down a bit. Wheel hubs are Tamiya acrylic gloss black.

Hope that this helps?

Rob

Nicely done :thumbsup: I am interested in the way you did the exhaust 'staining' on the wings, can you enlighten us on the technique?

:cheers:

Hi Trojan

Thanks for your compliment!

The staining was applied with my Iwata Eclipse airbrush stopped right down with minimum airflow. First i applied a very thinned down mix of Tamiya black/brown mix over the wings and just built this up until i got the desired effect. Once dry, i then went over this with a very thinned down Tamiya sky grey with a little white added - again the key is to gently build up the effect that you want. Takes a bit of practice but as long as you gradually build up the effect you can't go far wrong!

Hi there Jase

I used the Quickboost barrels with the oval perforations. They look really good when painted black and then dry brushed with a gun metal shade. The Revell gun barrels are orrible and not at all convincing!!!

The bombs were Gunze Vietnam camo green (the lighter shade - can't remember FS number) with a bit of fading. To do this i heavily diluted Tamiya sky grey and misted it on very lightly.

The tyres are Revell acrylic Anthracite with a touch of black added to darken it down a bit. Wheel hubs are Tamiya acrylic gloss black.

Hope that this helps?

Rob

That's great thanks, I've used the Revell gun barrels on the Lanc I'm building, but when I build another one I will definitely get some Quickboost barrels.

Looks good are those the decals that come with the kit?

Hi SeaKing

The nose art came from a Tally Ho Lanc Nose Art sheet and the codes in the correct shade of red from the Zotz Sexy Lancs sheet. Roundels and stencils are all from the kit decals sheet.

It's a beauty Doc, particularly the fine canopy framing - which, for me, adds a seal of professionalism!

Thanks Deon

Those canopy frames sure did take some masking - not looking forward to masking the frames on my next Lanc that will be "Mickey the Moocher".

Thanks

R

Very nice :goodjob:

Thanks Mish! You're a gundun!!!

R

That's finished to a very high standard Doc. Mine is really srating to fight me, the undercarraige is proving to be a nightmare. I was hoping to finish the kit last year having started it in November but I'm nowhere near that.

Tony :clif: