Panavia Tornado GR4 - Shiny Two..er..31Sqn....

James V

Hi all,

Next round of updates, Got the burner cans sorted out - First time I have used Alclad2, it certainly is awesome to use!! I have also started with the decals for the 31sq. Goldstars - many thanks to wolvowill for the decals! I suffered a little bit of bleeding with the black below - Any ideas how I can stop this or get over it?

The weapons and tanks are only dry fitted - I saw after taking the shots that I have attached the TIALD Pod and LGBIII the wrong way, which I will correct on the final model.

I think its coming on well, Really pleased with the finish so far. I just have the seats to finish, decals to complete, I was thinking about adding intake covers as well

Hope you like it so far..

3254193572_e6731333c7_o.jpg

3254194218_1e636fa9ff_o.jpg

3254194626_3f49f8c762_o.jpg

3253366361_8913cbee42_o.jpg

3254195372_2338b219e3_o.jpg

Never used the stuff before,is it easy to use?

Merv

Yup, it doesn't need to be thinned at all. Just make sure you have the area primed with a dark acrylic colour (or a coat of clear over a dark enamel), and that the area is clean and there are no fingerprints or dirty marks. Alclad High Shine needs a gloss black base to work properly.

Spray at a low PSI, and close in. A bit like you were using a brush.

Yup, it doesn't need to be thinned at all. Just make sure you have the area primed with a dark acrylic colour (or a coat of clear over a dark enamel), and that the area is clean and there are no fingerprints or dirty marks. Alclad High Shine needs a gloss black base to work properly.

Spray at a low PSI, and close in. A bit like you were using a brush.

Can you brush it?I dont have an airbrush (yet)

Merv

Merv,

If you're interested in getting an airbrush/ compressor etc I picked all my stuff up for about £100. Works fine but I want to upgrade my airbrush now after about a year. I can get you the details if you want

Merv,

If you're interested in getting an airbrush/ compressor etc I picked all my stuff up for about £100. Works fine but I want to upgrade my airbrush now after about a year. I can get you the details if you want

Please mate,but as I'm currenty unemployed (job interview tommorow tho,fingers & toes crossed) it'd have to go on the list of TTD.

Merv

Right here we are! Completed at last!

It took me a while to complete it but I am really thrilled with the results. Its still not perfect and I have some engine covers to make for the intakes but I thought I would share these pictures with you - I hope that you like it and any comments are always welcome.

Just to let you know it was completed with a couple of layers of Klear, followed by dark dirt and black pro model wash and a bit of light weathering.

3263103148_862044fb8b_o.jpg

3263103518_f287d3581d_o.jpg

3263103894_39f725ac3b_o.jpg

3262278243_52f5dac4ca_o.jpg

3262278587_97124e1200_o.jpg

3263104832_390b80ab3b_o.jpg

3262279295_a058eb7d37_o.jpg

Now for the next question - Which to build next???? any ideas?

3263105544_4dbb7affdc_o.jpg

3262280099_4d87d17b77_o.jpg

Please mate,but as I'm currenty unemployed (job interview tommorow tho,fingers & toes crossed) it'd have to go on the list of TTD.

Merv

Hope the job interview went well Merv.

The compressor is a 'model AS 19' mini air compressor (piston type) cost about £65-70 from ebay and I got my airbrush from Axminster tools.

I just looked on ebay and found this though(£90 all in):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-AIRBRUSH-COMPRE...A1%7C240%3A1318

(can't comment on the airbrush but the compressor works absoultely fine)

Justin

James....NIIIICE! How did you find the fit of the decals in the end? Am tempted to build that jet myself as its such a good looking scheme and I have a spare set of decals still :)

Will

Decals went on fine, was a bit fiddly to get them right- the only problem was a bit of bleed through with the black being under them - So if you are planning on doing the scheme try and see if you can get a neutral colour or light colour for them to sit on

Thanks again for the decals

Canberra is also currently underway now!

Jussie,

For Shiny Two, you definately need to have a white background. You could try to trace around the decals while they are on the sheet to get the sizes and then transpose this onto the tail of the tornado, mask around it and then sparay it? Bit fiddly but got to be well worth it!

Hope that is some help. Sae yours in your group, coming on nicely, will have to have another look later as i'm off to work again! Roll on the weekend!