Pyro 1/48 Gloster Gladiator

DougN

Finished off my old 1/48 Pyro Gloster Gladiator that I built as a rigging experiment (first time rigging a biplane!). I built the Gladiator pretty much out of the box and rigged with fishing line with the addition of some Model Alliance decals that I had not planned to use.

Here are a few photos of the completed kit as a member of No.3 Squadron at Kenley:

Gladfinished003.jpg

Gladfinished006.jpg

Gladfinished009.jpg

Gladfinished014.jpg

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

Great looking build.

I did this kit a year ago in Defence of Malta colours. It goes together beautifully.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I used Floquil Old Silver for the silver dope finish. I think it really looks the part. I agree with Ed and like many aspects of the Inpact/Pyro/Lindberg kits better than the Roden ones. The Roden does have a bit better detail and look to most of it compared to the Pyro kit, but the difference is not that great. I have a Roden kit I started ages ago that is not complete as the upper wing attachment to the struts is awful. I am going to have another go at it one of these days.

Right now I am finishing off an old 1/48 Pyro Fury kit that ran into some issues a few years back, but finishing the Gladiator has motivated me to get her sorted out as well. Won't be perfect, but I figured I might as well finish her since she was just about done.

Cheers,

Doug

Sure, here is a "teaser" photo of the kit on my desktop, still in the state it got "stalled" a few years ago, awaiting additional work. (wings, tail and rudder are not attached):

model003.jpg

I'll post the full story with the finished photos of the kit :)

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

• 3 weeks later...

Great work on the Gladiator. I am looking forward to pictures of the finished Fury.I have 2 each of the Airfix & Pyro kits I work on along with a Siemens- Schukert D3 & 10 Hobbycraft P-26s. The P-26 is one of my favorite planes to model, have done 3 of Hasegawas 1/32nd years back. Carl t