1/48 Jaguar T4

Neil

Obviously most of you have seen this before, but what the heck .... :D . Jaguar T4 converted from the Airfix GR1/3 kit using, er, somebodys resin conversion and add ons. Not to mention Ed Granthams funky auxiliary inlet door hinge decals and crew names.

136_3651.jpg

136_3649.jpg

136_3650.jpg

136_3647.jpg

136_3654.jpg

136_3652.jpg

136_3656.jpg

136_3655.jpg

t4ladders.jpg

B)

• Like 1

Im jealous the way you guys do your weathering, any hints and tips for a newb like me? :D

The weathering on the panel lines was a coat of black sprayed on them before the top coat of camo colours. Worked out quite well. A little bit of thinned Paynes Grey oil paint was put on here and there after the camo colours were dry too, though not too heavily.

135_3593.jpg

B)

Super photography, masterfully done Neil.

I'm jealous the way you guys do your weathering, any hints and tips for a newb like me? :D

Same as Neil But I have a sludge swash which is clay based.

As soon as I sort out the cananopie on a MiG I'll do a "How TO" for the site :winkgrin:

13DSCF9939.jpg

14DSCF9951.jpg

15DSCF9999.jpg

For a beginner washing panel lines, I'd suggest watercolor paints... they're very forgiving, in that you can just wash off the evidence if you screw up ;) Very much akin to Phil's "Organic" mixture of clay & pixie dust in that respect :lol:

For a beginner washing panel lines, I'd suggest watercolor paints... they're very forgiving, in that you can just wash off the evidence if you screw up ;) Very much akin to Phil's "Organic" mixture of clay & pixie dust in that respect :lol:

Ho shoot you have found out my secret ingredient of pixie dust :elephant:

Oh well..........just when I thought I was making some decent progress with my modelling skills, someone comes along and kicks ya teeth in :undecided:

Absolutly stunning build Neil, but it makes my humble Jag seem rather tame :crying: ......................think I'll take up knitting.........anyone want a new scarf? <_<

Mark

• 2 years later...

Just plain beautiful!

I have the same conversion set - that build gives me inspiration but also scares the c**p out of me as I'm sure I can't get anywhere near to that!

Total respect!

cheers

Rick

Neil,

Where did you get those ladders from please?

They finish it of to that enth degree. Lovely.

Adrian

Adrian

They were originally sold by Pat Watson several years ago, but I now have them for sale (they are photo-etched brass) and they are £3-99 per ladder.

A few more detail shots....

135_3570.jpg

135_3586.jpg

135_3590.jpg

136_3609.jpg

B)

Well Neil - congratulations !

That's the first Jag I actually haven't found fault with. I even had to think hard about one point or two....

Take a big gold star for that one ( and say Hi to Pat for me if you see him - ex colleague.... )

Edited by JagRigger