Wings and Things Of the RED STAR

seavixenxj494

• 1 month later...

Will put myself forward to volunteer to co host the GB :)

Have a Mosca too and would love to do her with the ski option :speak_cool:

But due to my sloth like building pace and the time frame nothing too ambitious , maybe try and get a 1/72 kit sorted.

Possibly a Hurricane, cos i would really like one in the Soviet markings (will need to get some decals)

Or a new Airfix Mig 15 if it is out in time

Looks like in principle we have a 'goer' :)

I think this one might be a biggey (mind you I was wrong with the D-Day GB:( ) so I want you guys to push the al the genres that can be entered Armour, ships, figures, vehicles, aircraft, helo's. There has got to something for everyone in this one.

Will put myself forward to volunteer to co host the GB :)

Have a Mosca too and would love to do her with the ski option :speak_cool:

But due to my sloth like building pace and the time frame nothing too ambitious , maybe try and get a 1/72 kit sorted.

Possibly a Hurricane, cos i would really like one in the Soviet markings (will need to get some decals)

Or a new Airfix Mig 15 if it is out in time

Walrus,is the Hurricane,in 1/72 ??

Seeing,as i have a spare set of Soviet Markings,for it.(Sky Models' sheet)

You interested,(??)if so,PM,please.

Cheers,(the other Sloth-builder),Bazza.

Right....As soon as i've sorted out that bloody Henschel 123,i'm going to tackle an Il-2m3 !! :blink:

(Airfix Spitfires permitting !!)

Seeing as i can't translate Russian,i won't bother trying !! :winkgrin:

Za CCCP !!

Cheerio,Bazzakov.

If anyone is planning to build a Tupolev Tu SB-2, or has one in the stash, i have 4 extra 1/72 plans

photocopied them for my own use yesterday, but didn't notice that the machine was set to lots, and it reeled out the surplus copies before i could stop it :doh:

anyone wanting one please send pm with addy and plans will be sent post haste.

Edited by walrus

Is that as far as you have got Antoine? Just the cockpit tub.

Walrus and I are going to have a chat and sort out some bits and pieces, but I'm sure he won't mind me saying that it should be OK.

But of course there is a penalty to pay :analintruder: ........... next time I'm in Paris we go for a drink. Mine will be a large Leffe, or maybe a Chablis :wicked:, no....... maybe a Chateauneuf Du Pape.

rich :frantic:

hehe

you're easily bought Rich!

of course if Rich and I could have an all expenses paid trip to Paris then you can put what ever you like into the GB Antoine! :lol:

It looks like you have got no further than the tub, so it may be possible Antoine.

will confirm tomorrow as Rich says :)

As previously mentioned, I am up for this. You know they have a "Great Patriotic War" GB over on Promodeller at the moment, but as I'm still trying to finish my SCW builds on BM, I am not risking joining it - and besides, I only have two eligible kits and they are already being built by other modellers.

Anyway, I'd be happy to see a RED STAR build get off the ground here on BM.

Is that as far as you have got Antoine? Just the cockpit tub.

I'd get no farther than what you can see on those pics.

At this time, I was checking Haneto's build on ARC, and his beautiful work makes me change my mind, to go for an heavy duty build myself. But I couldn't cross check my own references to his build, so I just put the box aside.

And as I'm know on a "finish kits that you've already started days/months/years ago", this MiG is already on my "to do" list, and I've set my mind to build it from the box anyway, after finishing the I-16/Spit PRIc/PzIIIN trilogy.

But of course there is a penalty to pay :analintruder: ........... next time I'm in Paris we go for a drink. Mine will be a large Leffe, or maybe a Chablis :wicked:, no....... maybe a Chateauneuf Du Pape.
of course if Rich and I could have an all expenses paid trip to Paris then you can put what ever you like into the GB Antoine!

You're welcome!

I've certainly got a few options for this one and assuming my modelling desk (Still love saying that! ;) ) is reasonably clear I'm very interested in joining in with this GB. I might even be so brave as to have a crack at the Dako 1/72 IL-2.....If you are going to make a fool of yourself, you might as well do it properly! :P

All the best

Andy S.

In celebration of this fine GB proposal, I've ordered the AML 1/72 La-5FN and A-Model 1/72 Archangelsky AR-2.....At least that's the excuse I'll be using when the credit card bill arrives! :innocent:

All the best

Andy S.

Same reflection as in my post on the Gulf war GB:

Many participations, but I've seen the finish line on only one of them.

This one is short, but I'd like to know if I would be authorized to participate with this?

That would be KUTA GB again. And KUTA is good for me!

Mish, please!!!

:jump_fire:

Well Antoine, it will be up to the hosts, but the normal rule of thumb on most GBs is no more than 25% complete.

I am thinking of a KUTA GB for the new year late Feb early March time.