Wings and Things Of the RED STAR

seavixenxj494

wow people this is a great response , if it does go ahead then i would propose an anything goes aproach , land sea air , prototype paper whatever as much variety as possible as long as it goes ahead that is i am not sure what happens from here as i said this is a first for me and i have to admit im runing blind so i may need some guidence along the way if anybody wants to help

Well I'm definitely up for this, as 90% of my current builds are Soviet, ..........80% or more completed are ,

Amodel M-50 Bounder,

Trumpeter TU-16 Badger C mod,

Amodel TU-28 Fiddler,

Amodel SU-11 Fishpot,

Bra.z TU-144

Trumpeter IL-76 Candid

Trumpeter SU-15 Flagon A ( 1/48th)

Academy SU-27 ( 1/48th)

custom built M-4 Bison( 1/144th)

50 % builds ,

Amodel 3MS Bison,

Revell/ESCI TU-22 Blinder ( full conversion to ELINT Blinder E),

Amodel YAK 28 PP Firebar

various ICBM 's

Trumpeter Stalin IS3( with lots of PE and WM parts),

A couple of surprise Soviet jet prototypes!!

rebuild

Red Hurricane TU-14 Bosun

So could say I'm raring to go here :jump_fire:

Andy

Edited by general melchett

Well,I'm always keen to join a GB.

But I would like to see this after the summer or later in the year. To much good GB started/starting soon for now.

And don't forget that " Bomber Command " is also approved for later this year.And IINM "Spanish Civil War " too.

Edited by Erwin

My view is that we have a good number of GB's that will be up and running early this year and that it would be a good idea to hang onto this one for a late summer/autumn kick off. I can see that everybody is keen, but if you're not involved with any of the other GB's why not get stuck in? This will be something to look forward to later in the year.

peebeep

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a thought, would any builds for this have to be finished in Russian markings, or does the subject simply have to be Russian? I have a potential 6 aircraft lined up for this GB, but two of them, a MiG-21 and MiG-29, I plan to finish in Finnish and Czech markings respectively. Would this be allowed?

Just had a thought, would any builds for this have to be finished in Russian markings, or does the subject simply have to be Russian? I have a potential 6 aircraft lined up for this GB, but two of them, a MiG-21 and MiG-29, I plan to finish in Finnish and Czech markings respectively. Would this be allowed?

Hi,

It's " ...Red Star." GB.

BUT... if you look at this topic,you will see that those two kit do fit this theme. So maybe you might get a chance to build them afterall.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26062

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be well up for this one if thats ok.

Got the most awesome Ruskie plane ever built in the stash

SU-25 Frogfoot of course ;)

It's the Kopro kit and I got the Eduard Big Ed set for it too for a bit of er.....fun!

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in on this one.

I have a Mig 3 awaiting attention, and a couple of Mig 29 as well at the front of the queue. add two mig 15's, two Mig 21's and a few others to boot!

Dave

Thanks to the great trade with Dave (Zero) I can also add the Mig 3 to the GB...

t_MiG3_Boxtop.jpg

Brilliant. Glad you got it safely Erwin. I knew you were keen to have one hence letting it go to you.

Dave