Classic Airframes Flying Pencil

Guest snipersmudge

for a one week build you have achieved a masterly result sir! top notch :speak_cool:

Edited by snipersmudge

That's a very competently put together model, very nice, looks very sharp, great masking and painting, beautiful. Can I be annoying and suggest in future a diffuser between the light source and the model just to calm the shadows down and soften the contrast. You are obviously serious about your photography as you've got the background spot on. My photography is OK at best but if you need any advice there are lots of talented picture takers here. Can't believe it's Classic Airframes, and built in 1 week. Shxt!!!

Lovely build – clean and with subtle weathering. Very nice!

Here are some suggestions for better colour rendition with your Canon Powershot G5.

1) Don't mix light sources of different kinds. Stick to one or the other – incandescent or energy savings bulbs/fluorescent tubes (of the same brand and model) or daylight/flash. The purple cast and blue shadows in your images are dead giveaways…

2) Use the custom white balance of your G5 against a sheet of white paper under the actual lighting, instead of trusting Auto white balance. Almost all digital cameras, even many pro and semi pro ones, tend to give much too warm colour rendition under incandescent light and often strange casts in fluorescent light, if left at Auto WB.

3) Use white cardboard or kitchen alu foil reflectors to add some fill light in the shadow areas. Since you're shooting digital, you can experiment freely without it costing you a penny.

HTH,

Best regards and kudos for a beautiful model,

Joey

Lovely job , allthough German aircraft are not really my thing your model is a little beauty :speak_cool:

Ditto and ditto :goodjob:

Fantastic model Tim,

I`ve always fancied building one of these Do 17 kits but the hefty price tag has put me off! However I might just be tempted to dip into my savings if the result can look that good, especially in one week...my hat goes off to you sir....well done!

Cheers

Tony O