Gulf Wars GB

Rabspat

• 2 weeks later...
I am still looking for a couple of mods that can help me out with this GB, please remember this will be a year long GB. Also some knowledge of the wars would be good, but not needed. If you are interested in helping me out then please PM so that i can keep track. I am only looking for 2 or 3 mods that such be enough.

What does a mod have to do?

What about the years between 1991 and 2003, as there was still action going on in that time with Northern and Southern Watch, plus there was Op Desert Fox.

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in, got a 1/35 Trumpeter Abrams from Bovington when I was there in March, which to be honest was the only half decent 1/35 scale kit they had in their shop. Nearly everything else was either blister pack toys or a smattering of 1/72 stuff. Someone needs to seriously overhaul their retail area.

I'd love to join in too. I've got lots of choices in my humble stash, but the best bit for me is that it'll run for a year. Even I should be able to cobble something together in that space of time :analintruder:

I'll look forward to this. Planning head on :hmmm:

Andy :)

• 2 weeks later...
What does a mod have to do?

What about the years between 1991 and 2003, as there was still action going on in that time with Northern and Southern Watch, plus there was Op Desert Fox.

We are goona stick with the dates above, i don't want to over complicate things too much, besides the dates said above give plenty of options, olden right to modern stuff, you can build things that has not been around for awhile such as, Phantoms, Intruders, Corsair II's, Bucaneer, etc etc.. As for Mods the GUlf GB has all the mods now.

As i have said, im in for this but i need direction and this is where you lot can help.

In short what would you like to see built from my three possibles (all 1/32)

Tamiya F15E with a bit of eduard stuff.

Revell F117 with a bit of flightpath stuff and some artistic although accurate licence

Revell GR1 tonka with some Paragon bits..

Please help me.

As i have said, im in for this but i need direction and this is where you lot can help.

In short what would you like to see built from my three possibles (all 1/32)

Tamiya F15E with a bit of eduard stuff.

Revell F117 with a bit of flightpath stuff and some artistic although accurate licence

Revell GR1 tonka with some Paragon bits..

Please help me.

Well my vote will definitely go for the Tamiya F-15E, which is an awesome looking aeroplane in 1/32nd.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

can i join in???????????

please?

im a bit new to this but ive just bought a nice tornado kit from newark air museum and want to build a gulf war gr1 (after i finish my harrier, when the replacent canopy arrives!), not sure im up to your standars though but i have to start somwhere

so can i, please , pretty please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay I think were ready to run with this one. We have the dates sorted the hosts sorted.

Forum directory structure however will not be as you stated you wanted in and earlier post. All GBs now have a simple structure of two forums. A Reasources/chat forum and WIP forum.

Any resource material can be 'pinned' so it stays at the top of the message pile and the same can be done for a gallery/s.

The hosts/mods can do this.

I'm going to get the GB forum and the two sub forums created in the next week or so (I have to get Mike or a global mod to do this).

Any questions just PM me.

Can I join in also, please?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to be very predictable and do a Jaguar GR1 – I've always wanted to do one and I joined Britmodeller only a couple of weeks after the Jag GB finished! :shrug:

Can I join in also, please?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to be very predictable and do a Jaguar GR1 – I've always wanted to do one and I joined Britmodeller only a couple of weeks after the Jag GB finished! :shrug:

Nick it'll be open to everyone, the hosts will sort out the 'rules' and the forum will be in place just before the kick off.

I might well join in as well with a Tamiya A-10A (got to use that kit sometime) and rather predictably an F-16 Probably a Tamiya with some Elite decals.

Have a few options in the stash, but as yet undecided what to do :unsure:

in no particular order:

AV-8 1/72 or Monogram 1/48

Tornado GR1 in 1/72 and 1/48 (both Airfix) Matchbox Tonka F3 no laughing at the back :P

Jag GR1 1/72

Italeri A-6

Revell HP Victor :rofl: will need more than a year!

Academy A-10 172

and/or i could try sculpting a figure! :yikes:

Thought it best to let you know the co-hosts know I may be away at some point in August- how will the GB manage without me? :lol:

probably a darn sight better! :doh:

should still be around for the kick off.

looking forward to the GB

(Merv i think your Inbox is full?)

Edited by walrus

Right at the moment, I'm thinking about an Iranian F-4D

I'd get banned if I said what I was thinking about right now! :bouncy:

Good choice Antoine, and a bit different

not sure if there are many Iranian builds suggested

I have been looking at the Kuwaiti A-4KU Skyhawks of the "Free Kuwait" Airforce

would mean sacrificing my Fujimi 1/72 Scooter, set aside for converting to the Argentinian Air Force.

I am not sure what i an gonna build yet. I am gonna finish off a project i am doing before i start anything but my thinking about list is:

1/48 Harrier GR.7 Telic bird.

1/48 Tamiya F-16CG Block 40 OIF

1/48 Tornado GR.1 1st gulf war

Then i am thinking a Dio with a Hummer and US Marines Troops and maybe a M1A1HA USMC OIF.

Also spike7451 your inbox is full so i can't get in contact with you..

The dio sounds cool! :coolio:

have some 1/72 Airfix GR7's also a Revell/Hase 1/72 so thanks for reminding me of another option :D

and a Revell 1/72 Falcon - This is the Belgium Spitfire version, but iirc it has a gold tinted canopy which is incorrect for that scheme.

Would it be suitable for the Gulf please?

The dio sounds cool! :coolio:

have some 1/72 Airfix GR7's also a Revell/Hase 1/72 so thanks for reminding me of another option :D

and a Revell 1/72 Falcon - This is the Belgium Spitfire version, but iirc it has a gold tinted canopy which is incorrect for that scheme.

Would it be suitable for the Gulf please?

I am not that well informed on 1/72 kits, but it depends on which gulf war you wished to do? But as far as i can remember it was mainly F-16C's that was involved with the US i am not sure about European F-16's.

Edited by Rabspat

I think he is still of playing soldiers/wars/drinking

Bloody hell,it was a hard camp,out of the 14 days,it rained for 10 of them & we choppered out to the Ex area in a Sea King,which the ACF kids loved!

But the hardest part of the camp,AND I mean it was THE hardest part was a round of drinks in the Mess!

I was spending over £7.50 A ROUND! I tell ya,the cost of drink in the Mess was bloody extortionate! I mean,come on.....! Over a QUID for a pint of Magners! £1.50 for a bottle of Spitfire! (which I got the PMC to buy cuz the pumps were'nt working!bright idea that! The 12 bottles lasted all of 10 minutes!)

AND dont get me started on the Spirits.......75p!!!!!!

But the disaster struck! On the night of the Mess Dinner,they DROPPED the price to 50p A DRINK!! (75p for Spitfire!)

I tell ya,I dunno how I lasted...............

Had a look through the stash today and there's plenty of options there but I think I've narrowed it down to either:

Tamiya 1/35 Challenger I

Tamiya 1/35 Challenger II (Desertised)

Tamiya 1/35 M60-A1 w/Reactive Armour

Decisions, decisions....