Gulf Wars GB

Rabspat

Hmm, have a Fujimi MiG 21 in the stash that includes Iraqi Air Force decals, would certainly be up for this if the Iran-Iraq war was included. Dare say a year long GB would be a good option for my building pace as well. :lol:

I too, could build a Iraqi Mig-21...albeit in the flight attitude of a terminal dive.....using the Lindberg re-pop of the older ITC battle damaged series of a/c models... this would be from the First Gulf War conflict.....

P3270013LindburgMig21709611721992.jpg

Cheers,

ggc

I would to do one of the Tornado's "Armoured Charmer". One of my mates designed and painted the nose art for that, the busty doris has an RE Stable belt on and the nose of the bomb she was carrying had the Sqn emblem, a gurt big hairy beaver :winkgrin:

Never managed to find it in decal form :crying:

I would to do one of the Tornado's "Armoured Charmer". One of my mates designed and painted the nose art for that, the busty doris has an RE Stable belt on and the nose of the bomb she was carrying had the Sqn emblem, a gurt big hairy beaver :winkgrin:

Never managed to find it in decal form :crying:

I bought a decal sheet that had her on it once, about the early 90s, but can't remember who printed it. I'll have a look if you want, it was 72nd scale?

She was my favourite nose-art as well.

Thanks Col, I would love to see it in 32 scale, but I believe Richie the lad who's artwork it was had a drama with a couple of companies who produced it without his permission or acknowledgement.

He got out of the firm last year at the end of his 22, its hard to believe it was 18 years ago I was there, where has the time gone?

Anyway, a 1 year Group build. I think we should have a poll.

I bought a decal sheet that had her on it once, about the early 90s, but can't remember who printed it. I'll have a look if you want, it was 72nd scale?

She was my favourite nose-art as well.

In that case, I'll hand this over to our to delightful group build gurus, Karl and Paul. At the end of the day it will be their baby :frantic:

I agree Greg put it to vote. Let the people decide :)

In that case, I'll hand this over to our to delightful group build gurus, Karl and Paul. At the end of the day it will be their baby :frantic:

I don't mind handing over the GB but not to sound childish but i did come up with the idea and start the thread, i would like to be involved some how. :crying:

Rab I was just handing the poll over to them as its their manor. However you can dry your eyes :winkgrin: Karl and Paul are the Group Build team, this means they do all the legwork, ensure we forgetfull Mods set the threads up and they keep an overview all of the group builds/calendar/prizes etc. They also require help with this which is why we have other volunteers to help run individual builds. So I would consider yourself well and truly volunteered if it goes ahead (which I suspect it will).

I don't mind handing over the GB but not to sound childish but i did come up with the idea and start the thread, i would like to be involved some how. :crying:

You are involved matey, have no fear! :lol:

Karl and me have no intention of hosting every GB ourselves, in fact if we can avoid hosting GB's that's how we like it. Ball's in your court, if you want to host the GB good stuff. I'd suggest you find some playmates who'd like to help out, I can see this as being a large GB and if it pans out over twelve months it will probably need more than one pair of hands to manage it. If you're up for I would suggest you start a poll thread as suggested above and also use it as a place for BM'ers to register their interest in the GB.

peebeep

You are involved matey, have no fear! :lol:

Karl and me have no intention of hosting every GB ourselves, in fact if we can avoid hosting GB's that's how we like it. Ball's in your court, if you want to host the GB good stuff. I'd suggest you find some playmates who'd like to help out, I can see this as being a large GB and if it pans out over twelve months it will probably need more than one pair of hands to manage it. If you're up for I would suggest you start a poll thread as suggested above and also use it as a place for BM'ers to register their interest in the GB.

peebeep

Ah i see, i misunderstood sorry for the dramatics. Now i understand. Ok i start a poll, would be good to start the poll here in Future GB or in GB Chat?

Ok to clear up a few things. This GB will cover:

Gulf War 1: 2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991, any nation involved is allowed.

Gulf War 2: March 20, 2003 to Present Day, any nation involved is allowed.

What will be allowed will be:

Air Forces.

Ground Forces, Tanks, Troops, Vehicles etc etc.

Naval, Ships, Subs etc etc.

As long as it was involved in either of the wars then it's allowed.

Some of the nations involved from Wikpedia:

Kuwait

United States

United Kingdom

Saudi Arabia

Bangladesh

Egypt

France

Syria

Morocco

Oman

Pakistan

Qatar

United Arab Emirates

Canada

Australia

New Zealand

Iraq

Edited by Rabspat

Ok we continue discussion about the GB here.

I think as there interest in the early war as well i think we do it like this:

We have have 3 Sub Forums:

1) Iran-Iraq, 1980-1988.

2) Gulf War, 1990-1991.

3) Gulf War 2 2003- Present.

From there you can post your builds related to the dates. How does that sound?

• 5 weeks later...

I am still looking for a couple of mods that can help me out with this GB, please remember this will be a year long GB. Also some knowledge of the wars would be good, but not needed. If you are interested in helping me out then please PM so that i can keep track. I am only looking for 2 or 3 mods that such be enough.

• 3 weeks later...
I could be tempted to take a break from my normal era. I fancy doing a Buccaneer so count me in.

Sounds like a great choice, I always like the Buck in that desert pink camo.