Hasagawa 1/48 Hurricane Bof B 1940

Hi All,

my first for 2009, started it last month and just finished. I used Hasagawa Mk1 Hurricane, Tamyia Kubelwagon and ICM Luftwaffe figures. The insperation for this is the scene in the B of B relating to the letter Dowding sent to Chirchill regarding sending Squadrons to France. The letter and Dowdings picture are set out next to te Hurricane. The kit is resin and brass free, all additions are made from plastic sheet and rod. I dropped the flaps and added battle damage to the tail, tail plane and tail section. The damage to the side was made from tissue paper. I hope you enjoy it.

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

005jpeg.jpg

Beautifully modelled, though I doubt many Hurricanes would have crash-landed in occupied France during the Battle of Britain..... :coolio:

There were some instances of RAF pilots pressing home the attack to such an extent that they ended up the wrong side of the Channel, and also of pilots becoming disorientated and flying south-east instead of north-west.

Beautifully modelled, though I doubt many Hurricanes would have crash-landed in occupied France during the Battle of Britain..... :coolio:

Sorry about that, it the Hurricane is from a squadron deployed to France during May/June 1940, I got a little distracted with the title is should have said Battle of france...Doh!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys , now what next? :analintruder:

Pete