As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AnonymousDFB1

1:48 Tamiya Sea Harrier FRS.1

A little bit more this afternoon, the canopy is on, but when I went to take the photo I noticed that some CA fumes from the gluing the pilot in position have fogged the canopy :(

yw7le5.jpg

Still looking good, fast worker too, should enter for one of those speed builds you sometime see at shows :)

Looking forward to the rest of your efforts :thumbsup:

Masked up and sprayed the top surfaces this afternoon.

It's coming along Mish, Shame about that canopy, thats why I never use Superglue Unless I really have to. Clearfix is a pain, but it does fill gaps well, so each one has it advantages and disadvatages of use.

Looking forward to seeing you finish this one, you've proved these can be built, but take work!

Dave

Nice one Mish, you're certainly beating her into shape :)

A bit more done today, however I'm not happy with the finish on the top surface, parts have dried 'glossy'. I'm going to give it a fine sanding tomorrow and respray it. :(

yw8w6w.jpg

The lower surfaces have spray okay.

yw8w60.jpg

More tomorrow

A bit more done today, however I'm not happy with the finish on the top surface, parts have dried 'glossy'. I'm going to give it a fine sanding tomorrow and respray it. :(

If the paint coat is good Enough I wouldn't worry. If you Klear your models to add the decals it going to give you a shine all over, which you can knock off with Mattcote, Satincote or another layer of Clear for a gloss finish. Personally I now mix Tamiya Flat and Klear 20/80 to give a matt finish

looks really good So far Mish

Dave

Well looks like we're both having paint nightmares Sis :lol: Youre underside has gone fine & top side gone :bouncy: up, with mine it was the other way around :suicide:

Bex

I don't know what happened it like one minute there was gloss in the AB the next matt :shrug: I've just given it a rub over with a very fine sanding sponge and it looks a lot better now all I have to do is match that mixed colour again :(

I've also taken the cockpit of and worked at the fogging with toothpaste, now I have uniform fogging :badmood:

Maybe clean the canopy totaly. Get it as smooth/clear as possible then dip it in Klear? usualy works for me... It's a pain when it's on the inside. Keep at it mate. Oh and by the way.... Am i safe to start on the Tomcat now and you catch me up? Don't mind waiting for ya...I have tons of kits aching to be built in the stash.

Good luck mate. We are with ya all the way!

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Maybe clean the canopy totaly. Get it as smooth/clear as possible then dip it in Klear? usualy works for me... It's a pain when it's on the inside. Keep at it mate. Oh and by the way.... Am i safe to start on the Tomcat now and you catch me up. Don't mind waiting for ya...I have tons of kits aching to be built in the stash.

Good luck mate. We are with ya all the way!

Tim

Go ahead with the Tomcat Tim, I'll only be a couple more days on this one I think. So should be ready to start the Tomcat for the weekend.

I have had that happen with toothpaste Mish

there is still a chance it will clear up after being dunked in the Klear.

It may not be like a crystal but still presentable

don't give up on it yet- hope it goes okay- fingers crossed.

Nothing to show you today, upper has been resprayed and she is now sitting with a coat of Klear on her.

All the smaller parts have been painted ready for assembly.

Decaling tomorrow.

Looks rather SHar like that does and them decals dont look to bad either Sis :yahoo:

Bex

Wow, the transfers really bring that one to life! Looking good now and the canopy doesn't look too bad despite that little disaster... keep it up. :)

looking good Mish. Not far to go now.

Dave

Looking great Mish, Grey/White SHARs are the best :wub:

Knowing that kit for what it is Mish

You've done a grand job there, Nice one

Dave

Considering the fight shes given you Sis, shes turning out pretty smart & SHar like :yahoo:

Bex

That looks great Mish. I was getting ready to dig mine out and put it in the recycling bin, but you've proved that it can build up into a nice model. Those marking really set it off don't they :guitar:

Keep it coming

Andy :)