1:48 Tamiya Sea Harrier FRS.1

AnonymousDFB1

Masked up and sprayed the top surfaces this afternoon.

It's coming along Mish, Shame about that canopy, thats why I never use Superglue Unless I really have to. Clearfix is a pain, but it does fill gaps well, so each one has it advantages and disadvatages of use.

Looking forward to seeing you finish this one, you've proved these can be built, but take work!

Dave

A bit more done today, however I'm not happy with the finish on the top surface, parts have dried 'glossy'. I'm going to give it a fine sanding tomorrow and respray it. :(

If the paint coat is good Enough I wouldn't worry. If you Klear your models to add the decals it going to give you a shine all over, which you can knock off with Mattcote, Satincote or another layer of Clear for a gloss finish. Personally I now mix Tamiya Flat and Klear 20/80 to give a matt finish

looks really good So far Mish

Dave

Well looks like we're both having paint nightmares Sis :lol: Youre underside has gone fine & top side gone :bouncy: up, with mine it was the other way around :suicide:

Bex

I don't know what happened it like one minute there was gloss in the AB the next matt :shrug: I've just given it a rub over with a very fine sanding sponge and it looks a lot better now all I have to do is match that mixed colour again :(

I've also taken the cockpit of and worked at the fogging with toothpaste, now I have uniform fogging :badmood:

Maybe clean the canopy totaly. Get it as smooth/clear as possible then dip it in Klear? usualy works for me... It's a pain when it's on the inside. Keep at it mate. Oh and by the way.... Am i safe to start on the Tomcat now and you catch me up? Don't mind waiting for ya...I have tons of kits aching to be built in the stash.

Good luck mate. We are with ya all the way!

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Maybe clean the canopy totaly. Get it as smooth/clear as possible then dip it in Klear? usualy works for me... It's a pain when it's on the inside. Keep at it mate. Oh and by the way.... Am i safe to start on the Tomcat now and you catch me up. Don't mind waiting for ya...I have tons of kits aching to be built in the stash.

Good luck mate. We are with ya all the way!

Tim

Go ahead with the Tomcat Tim, I'll only be a couple more days on this one I think. So should be ready to start the Tomcat for the weekend.