1932 ford coupe hot rod

tornado64

well here's my contribution it is more than likeley not going to be built as the box shows as that is the idea of a rod or custom car ..to be difrent to others

the kit gives multitudes of building varietys but as usual is amt's usual mould quality s***e !! but workable

will end up as a custom paint job but unsure as to what yet flames but difrent to decals ?? or something difrent don't know yet but should build nice

whatever it is planning on using a purple theme ..

3179671286_32b531af21_b.jpg

made a start ditched the idea of the kit build and adding my own ideas as the kit gives plenty of scope ..

and also plenty of spares for a start on a customising box for future builds

gone with the purple theme as i have a couple of tins of custom car colours left from working on the real thing ( awaiting spring to finnish my sisters car bonnet mural )

also sussed out how to make my own decals so can do mural decals for the paint job unsure what theme but may take photo's to convert to mural decals ...

3182272758_70f15f0090.jpg

main body parts now filled and had first colour applied custom car metal flake blue ( even though it is purple ) will be doing multi coloured fade in paintwork with murals and then laquer it possibly try clear or humbrol gloss to seal in the finnished article..

3181956645_d5acc504bd.jpg

Edited by tornado64

just noticed i have put the ht leads on the wrong side of cylinder head ,

a mistake that wouldn't have been as bad if i hadn't owned and spannered v engined cars .. bol****s :wall: , well it's stopping like that now .

next step is fading in the next stage of painting and fitting the cherry bomb exausts

may plan murals this week then send for decal paper and flaps and slats for the tornado group build

• 2 weeks later...

completed bar very small touch ups .. murals were done by airbrushing white , then masking with moon star shapes , then airbrushed black , stars taken off , then airbrushed faded white stickers applied then gloss varnished to seal and shine ..

3216107524_2356e018f1_b.jpg3215257481_0e3859f2e5.jpg3216109598_618cf45c3c.jpg

Edited by tornado64