Victor paint

XH668

Finaly had the motivation to pick this one back up.

Its the revell HP victor and i need revelle number 65 or bronze green (matt)

Now ive looked it up on my revelle - humbrol conversion chat and i cant find it yet airfix do a bronze green number 75 will this one match ok?

Cheers

My advice would be to ignore the Revell colours completely! :lol:

My guess would be that you actually want RAF Dark Green, not bronze green. It's available in a number of paint ranges- my preferred is Humbrol 163

HTH

Now when finishing the Victor you have to be careful as there was a mixture of finished across the fleet from satin, matt etc it all depends on the jet and the date that your depicting it

Although the paint appears a bit faded to my eye, these shots I took in the early-mid 80s may be useful:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/DDonSS3/Victor/

Victor16.jpg

Great pics Don - seem to be taken at a US airshow - where?

That machine is quite unusual as it seems to have a Hemp/Lt Aircraft Grey starboard underwing tank (with a gloss white rear fairing to the tank - the bit that moves with the flaps). Not so unusual is the Lt Aircraft Grey FR20B pod under the starboard wing - but all-in-all would make an interesting alternative to the standard scheme.

Thanks for posting the link! :speak_cool:

cheers

Rick

Although the paint appears a bit faded to my eye, these shots I took in the early-mid 80s may be useful:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b229/DDonSS3/Victor/

Victor16.jpg

great shots there Don and too your link.

If only I had been interested then as I am now, while I was on Jaguars I would have a great set myself ! Oh well!

Adrian

Edited by atdb27

Great pics Don - seem to be taken at a US airshow - where?

That machine is quite unusual as it seems to have a Hemp/Lt Aircraft Grey starboard underwing tank (with a gloss white rear fairing to the tank - the bit that moves with the flaps). Not so unusual is the Lt Aircraft Grey FR20B pod under the starboard wing - but all-in-all would make an interesting alternative to the standard scheme.

Thanks for posting the link! :speak_cool:

cheers

Rick

Thanks, Rick,

IIRC the photos were taken at an airshow at Pease AFB (which isn't an AFB anymore, base closures, you know) in New Hampshire.