Photo Cranberry

Built OOB with Humbrol enamels brush applied. I used the kit decals as well - despite having the MA set to hand.

IMGP2753.jpg

IMGP2754.jpg

IMGP2755.jpg

IMGP2757.jpg

IMGP2758.jpg

IMGP2760.jpg

IMGP2759.jpg

:giles:

Darius

Aeroclub PR7 to follow (awaiting decals and final details)

Edited by Darius at Home

Jeez, you're quick Darius, no-one gets brush painted finishes like you, amazing!! Actually Tony O Toole's from SAM are quite good too. You two would have to be the leading exponents of brush painting in my book. Were there any problems with the build?

regards

Bruce

Very nice, excellent brush painted finish!

Did you use the kit roundels?. Tonight I compared the ones in my kit to other RAF decals that I have, and the blue appears a little dark on my sheet?, On your build they look fine.

Well done.

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Jeez, you're quick Darius, no-one gets brush painted finishes like you, amazing!! Actually Tony O Toole's from SAM are quite good too. You two would have to be the leading exponents of brush painting in my book. Were there any problems with the build?

regards

Bruce

Hi Bruce

No major problems. The fit of the cockpit fuselage surface piece and photo bay could be problematic as there are few positve location points. I cemented each to one fusleage half before fixing each half together. Filler was still needed to blend in the cockpit fusleage bit (same as on the B(I)8. The fit of the solid nose cap could be better and filler was again used to remove the pronounced step at the join.

Cheers

Darius

Very nice, excellent brush painted finish!

Did you use the kit roundels?. Tonight I compared the ones in my kit to other RAF decals that I have, and the blue appears a little dark on my sheet?, On your build they look fine.

Well done.

Shaun.

Hi Shaun

I did use the kit roundels and I agree that the blue is on the dark side (more like RAF WWII roundels). It seems to have lightened up a bit in the photos.

:cheers:

Darius

Well done Darius she`s a beauty...........I`m building mine at the moment and having to apply loads of filler and use plenty of elbow grease to get the cockpit fuselage section to blend into the main fuselage parts....wish I`d used your technique!

The paint finish is excellent too and thanks to Bruce (pacificmustang) for the nice compliment about my painting techniques too...its nice to know the paintbrush is still appreciated by some people out there!!

Fantastic Canberra, well done mate

Tony O