just arrived in the post today..................

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

well chuffed after a hard night shift got home to this little beauty. usual tamiya quality and superb detail, now all i have to do is decide if i want to model a german version or leave it french, ho hum!

S8000487.jpg

cheers

pete

Edited by snipersmudge

hey that's cute!...:)

You gonna show us some pics of the build?...go for the French one, there's enough Wermacht stuff about.

Guest snipersmudge
hey that's cute!...:)

You gonna show us some pics of the build?...go for the French one, there's enough Wermacht stuff about.

Yeah zeke i think french is the way to go, as the figures look pretty good i'm thinking a small diorama based on the maginot line, i've got some old dragons teeth tank barriers kicking around in my stash so i could use a few of them

:hmmm:

Guest snipersmudge

I'VE STARTED THE BUILD OF THIS KIT, JUST COULD'NT WAIT!! I WILL BE POSTING SOME PICS SHORTLY OVER ON ARMOUR WORK IN PROGRESS

hammerzeit1.jpg

CHEERS

PETE

Edited by snipersmudge

Well, I'm wondering:

Do you, you Brits, are really interrested by this kind of kit, I mean, a French vehicle like this one, with nearly no historical background? And why?

Even myself, as a French, I'm not really interrested in buying it for the moment (Maybe latter).

Just wondering.

Guest snipersmudge
Well, I'm wondering:

Do you, you Brits, are really interrested by this kind of kit, I mean, a French vehicle like this one, with nearly no historical background? And why?

Even myself, as a French, I'm not really interrested in buying it for the moment (Maybe latter).

Just wondering.

hi antoine, i think the interest is in the fact that the germans used them and in many different roles, also the sheer amount the french produced and used is interesting

cheers

pete

I must confess that I didn't know anything about this vehicle before Tamiya's announcement.

At least, the good thing is that I'll have to document myself.

By the way, for those who are interested, this will be soon available:

focus01.gif

You can usualy find all the Trackstory at Blast Models, certainly the best armour specialized model shop in Paris (And maybe in France).

I think its a long neglected subject, top marks to Tamiya for doing it, minus several million for the UK pricing.

That said, it will sell by the crate. The obvious conversion is the German 37mm SP version, and Telford will be awash with them come November...

It looks great. just love this early war armour, (Please, pretty please Tamiya San can we have the Vickers Light Tank etc. ? ? ). Ordered one today, already have the early Verlinden French priest and old lady with the bottle of wine, a lot of dio possibilities. Verlinden also do some French figures, but I think their quality has dropped of late.