John's Entry

kstater94

Well, my TDY is almost over and I've yet to see any more progress. ;)

WD

P.S. Stay out of my books!

Oh...

Don't EVEN

I'll have you know that I built AND painted the wing tanks today as well as painted the tops of the Horizontal stabs, Aux air doors, Vari-ramps, AND the tops of the ailerons (one of which I have to and repaint due to a total cock-up but that's another story)

After painting all that, I've been cleaning up all the parts that are going to need to be painted white...

and there are a LOT of them...

so there! :tease:

So not just one FAA FG.1 but two!?! Good to see fella, looking forward to watching progress on these ;)

Thanks Colin

As I said before, one doesn't officially count because I started on it during Christmas break. However, the 892 squadron FG.1 is my official entry. However, I may take a photo of both of them before the build is up just to show them together :thumbsup2:

Cheers!

John

Oh...

Don't EVEN

I'll have you know that I built AND painted the wing tanks today as well as painted the tops of the Horizontal stabs, Aux air doors, Vari-ramps, AND the tops of the ailerons (one of which I have to and repaint due to a total cock-up but that's another story)

After painting all that, I've been cleaning up all the parts that are going to need to be painted white...

and there are a LOT of them...

so there! :tease:

Might as well get in your digs while you can, bro... you know when he gets home he'll be IMPOSSIBLE to live with :D

Might as well get in your digs while you can, bro... you know when he gets home he'll be IMPOSSIBLE to live with :D

He doesn't bother me

Once you pin him down on the floor with a chair, he can't snap back and bite you!

I'll be home soon enough and have a few days to work on my own FG.1

I need to catch up and get some paint on the old girl. Those wing folds took alot of extra time, but I think will be worth it.

WD

Looking forward to getting back to geeking it up with ya WD!

Cheers!

ZZ

You're just jealous... SAILOR!

Anyway

I got all the seams and ejector pins locations cleaned up on the parts that need to be painted white last night. I'll paint these tonight when I get home from work. I'm about a day behind schedule due to a migraine :(

Finally got all the PANTING done (what Gregg means by that for those not in the know is that I was moving the remaining items out of my old house and into my new house...)

GOOD LORD what a hastle that was!

Anyway

I have had a chance to get a little more done on the Phantom

Here is what it looks like currently (sorry for the poor quality images. I grabbed the wife's point and click so that I could quickly post these)

I started to paint the bottom end. I'm painting the gun metal first, then I'm going to paint the silver areas and then add exhaust highlights. I'll then go back and touch up any overspray on the rest of the jet and add the weathering.

an overall view

100_1278.jpg

the begining of the natural metal section

100_1275.jpg

Cheers!

John

Paintwork's looking grand so far mate. Glad to hear you're getting everything sorted out at the new house at last.

Em, are you sure that's the right fit top for an RN bird?

Edited by Col.

Em, are you sure that's the right fit top for an RN bird?

Looking great so far John and glad everything sorted and yur back tickling the plastic :yahoo:

Col, all the photos I have of RN FG1's have that fin top, and the scheme of this aircraft did have this top :thumbsup2: and mine will that too (and my scheme is dated 1972)

Bex

Col, all the photos I have of RN FG1's have that fin top, and the scheme of this aircraft did have this top :thumbsup2: and mine will that too (and my scheme is dated 1972)

Bex

Whew, that's put my mind at ease. Cheers Bex. :speak_cool: It's been a while since I last looked at my RN FG.1 so a bit out of practice with them, perhaps all these builds will inspire me to finish her yet.

Whew, that's put my mind at ease. Cheers Bex. :speak_cool: It's been a while since I last looked at my RN FG.1 so a bit out of practice with them, perhaps all these builds will inspire me to finish her yet.

GO FORTH AND PHINISH YOUR PHANTOM :hypnotised:

I found the linky I was looking for earlier: RN Phantom Linky that should help clear up the Fin :thumbsup2:

Bex

GO FORTH AND PHINISH YOUR PHANTOM :hypnotised:

I found the linky I was looking for earlier: RN Phantom Linky that should help clear up the Fin :thumbsup2:

Bex

Linky added to favourites. Cheers Bex :thumbsup:

That should help inspire us all ;)

Here's how far I got, still the radar to finish and a new boarding step to make.

F4-KRN.jpg

Edited by Col.

Thanks for the kind comments eveyone

I can see why you got a little confused Colin. You built a 767 squadron bird (a very nice job I might add!) (they disestablished in 1972 and never had the RWR receivers fitted to the top of their fins like 892 did).

I also have a 767 squadron bird on the bench. It will be sans RWR receiver AND will be painted in an RAF scheme as it will be one of the jets that the RN borrowed from the RAF in order to fulfill training requirements.

Cheers!

John

Edited by kstater94