My first British bird

Perhaps some of you allready know this build from arc but for all others I wanted to show my little tiger.

This little fellow here is my second built in 1/144. It´s a RAF Puma that took part in the 2005 Tigermeet in Balikesir, Turkey: picturelink to airliners.net.

5flf9pwp.jpg

The revised rotorhead was redone by using Styrene and some wire.

vvy5tvkg.jpg

A very special feature of this model is the tigerhead on the front. First you have to place a white decal and then color it. After that is done there is a transparent decal that has to be placed exactly over the first one. It´s an interesting but also quite challenging piece of work to do.

The antennas at the front were redone by using thin wire.

yft7k5h7.jpg

The steps below the big cargo doors were done by using wire too.

uwwdabcc.jpg

Finally here is a closeup shot of the back end. Parts of the rear arm, the "handles" and the antenna in the right half of the picture where also done by using some wire.

9on6biys.jpg

The whole kit was painted by using a brush and enamel colors from RoG. I hope you enjoy the pictures. If there are any questions feel free to ask.

Wow, those stripes are really neatly done. The whole thing looks rather convincing, especially for 1/144 scale. Good job! :)

Thank you! Most of the stripes are decals that come with the kit.

Looks great, I have a few of these, they are really lovely little kits.

Good to see yours has turned out so well, looks lovely

Thank you too! I bought the kit because I´m still waiting for some parts for my 1/72 kits and it started as a fun build...and it was fun until the end! I can recommend this kit to everyone.

Lovely, you'd never know it was 1/144 without seeing it next to the coin, which makes it even more impressive :thumbsup:

I got the chance to sit inside this Puma at the 2005 Waddington airshow as a friend of mine was crewing it that day :D

:goodjob:

Beautiful, did the Revell 1/144 GR.7 a few months back and really enjoyed it, kinda make your eyes go :hypnotised: in this scale.

Great work,

Eng