Hobbycraft 1/32 Sea Fury

zero

Thanks Dave,

I'll keep that in mind. I might end up with two or three more Sea Furies as in Canada they aren't all that expensive ($40.00 CDN) and all three releases have a good selection of subjects.

I really want to do one of those German birds in gloss red! That would be almost as striking as yours!

Talk to you soon,

Ted

EMMM Red One (said deeply emulating Homer Simson!)

Now that is a tempting option.

Basically Ted, I'm revamping my Display cabinet, to display only 1/32 scale models. I have room for 24 smallish 1/32 aircraft, So I didn't want it full of 24 Camo like Aircraft, ie im trying to choose different types of Aircraft and schemes that fit the bill, I didn't just want 24 camo bricks in there. but there again you need some classics as well

This one is number 5 of 24 (Number 6 is half built) these are numbers 1, 2, 3,and 4.

326865097.jpg

Dave

Edited by zero

A really impressive job there Dave, nice start to the year :thumbsup2:

Bex

Thanks Bex

Yes I am well happy with this one, and the first one of the year under my belt before the end of Jan! Eck.

Pictures have been added to the gallery.

Here one of them (taken this morning) in daylight. (colour is a little bit darker on the bird but not to much!)

351887161.jpg

Dave

Just to make it more tempting the Fisher cockpit detail set does come with a two piece canopy !

Very. I shall be having a look myself now, Bad Den, Bad Den! :whistle:

Dave

Nice work Dave, that's one lovely looking Fury :thumbsup:

:goodjob:

Thanks Shaun

It's a nice kit to build and I enjoyed it very much. For a change it all went quite smootly.

Cheers

Dave

Nice looking collection Dave!

It definitely provides inspiration for those like myself who just don't seem to get anything done!

I agree with re: enough camo'd models are seen, so it's nice to do the one's with a splash of colour, or gloss like your Sea Fury.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Hi Dave, just gave myself a good talking to and didn't hit the BUY button for the cockpit set, what's the point of scouring the internet for a cheap Hobbycraft Sea Fury if I then double the price by buying the detail kit, silly boy !

Cheers

Den

Thanks Dave,

I'll keep that in mind. I might end up with two or three more Sea Furies as in Canada they aren't all that expensive ($40.00 CDN) and all three releases have a good selection of subjects.

I really want to do one of those German birds in gloss red! That would be almost as striking as yours!

Talk to you soon,

Ted

Your most welcome to them Ted if you need them (I will never use them) if I bought another Fury, After an FAA one I'd struggle for a subjuct to do. Bit gutting that you can get these for $40 dollars, and Mine cost £40 (well one of them) the other I imported for a lot less.

Have to say a gloss red one would be tempting!

Dave

Hi Dave, just gave myself a good talking to and didn't hit the BUY button for the cockpit set, what's the point of scouring the internet for a cheap Hobbycraft Sea Fury if I then double the price by buying the detail kit, silly boy !

Cheers

Den

Yes it does seem a bit daft :analintruder: . although as a project with a Fisher cockpit and two piece canopy at least you could see it, inside mine you can just about see in when handled with it all closed up. have to say I'd be tempted to buy one myself, but there is several kits I want to buy this year, so they will take priority over accessories. (hopefully I can get them when I am ready to build them) which won't be this year.

Dave

Edited by zero

Cheers

Den

I've just had a look at that set Den, it's mighty tempting isn't it. It's a real shame the pound has lost so much on the dollar, a few months ago, I could have bought at a third of the price!

I have to say being able to see in that cockpit and seeing the goods insides, would be nice but there are other things I want more, Trumpeter 1/32 Lightning, twin seat Eurofighter, Crusader, and about 20 others, so unless someone gave me couple of hundred quid for nothing sadly I think I will pass on this. (still tempting thought :banghead:)

Dave

• 3 months later...

I have a couple of the Hobbycraft Sea Furies, one which I'm doing the minor conversion to make the land plane version in Iraqi markings and one to do the RCN one with the dayglo panels on it.

I hope mine turn out as good looking as yours has!

Ted

Hey Ted,

I was thinking of converting one to land based version also - what are you doing with yours as I've never done any modifying like this before... Thanks, Mike