Trumpeter Wyvern

Hi all, thought you might like a look at this one, the last one I did for 2008 :)

Built as part of Blitzbau IV on UAMF, this is a group build where you build can anything you like, as long as you build it within one 24hour period. I selected this Trumpeter 1/72 Wyvern, which has been in the stash since 2006 (it was actually one of the kits I received after winning the Trumpeter comp of that year).

It was a real pleasure to build, an absolute jewel in fact. Far superior to the much more modern Sea Fury which I also have in the stash. Anyway, to the pics...

349278230.jpg

349278233.jpg

The paint is all Gunze Sangyo acrylic, Extra Dark Sea Grey over Sky as you'd expect. Decals are from the kit and behaved flawlessly in every respect.

349278236.jpg

349278243.jpg

I actually failed to meet the deadline by 48 minutes, mostly because I painted one of the wings the wrong way up so had to repaint it :oops:

other than that it has all come out pretty ok, and was mostly a lot of fun!

Jen.

Beautiful for a kit put together in 24 hours and 48 mins!! Most of my stuff takes 24 months and 48 minutes and still doesn't look this good!

:goodjob:

Eng

Did I hear you say Trumpeter built a 'gem'? Now that is praise for a company that gets a lot of stick from the modelling community.

A beautiful job in such a short time.

Tom

Edited by tomastewart

Hi Jen

I have to say i am not often moved to comment on other peoples work but that is really nice ! superb stripes and over all paint finish. Definitely one to be really proud of. B)

By the way....is that desmo as in Ducati ?

Edited by Paddy

Hi Jen

I must build one of those one day. You gotta love the NAVY !!!!

see you

chris

Thats a Beautiful Wyvern you've done there, Jen.

And in 24 hours and 48 minutes? It takes me that long just to mask the Extra Dark Sea Grey and Sky scheme!!

i have the kit started, and i agree its wonderful. it's been said its the best kit Trumpeter has ever made. Very nearly, a nearly perfect kit. Whoever researched it and designed the molds must have had a passion for the type.

Thanks for posting. FLY NAVY!!

All the Best,

david

Edited by David H