WARP 27" wingspan Bird of Prey

It's been a long battle with this kit. Must have got it about 7 or 8 years ago, started it and found out how bad the resin was/is, how bad the parts fit were, etc so I put it down for a while. Cue family crisis, stopped modelling for 4 years and finally was able to come back to this beast last summer, with a determination to finish it. It's fully lit - windows, pulsing engine, and running & nav. lights are all on separate circuits all controlled by a single 9 violt battery. I've just today put a base colour onto it. The whole thing needs to be built up in shades of green, green/blue and the odd yellowish panelling so I've still a way to go. Thought I'd share some of it's build history in a few photos.

BoPLightingtestb.jpg

BoPWindowcoverslightingtest.jpg

runninglightstesting.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

lightsaddedandinitialtesting.jpg

BoPtopcircuit.jpg

BoPenginelighttest.jpg

BoPbypasssuccess.jpg

BoPwings1.jpg

WarpBoP1.jpg

Hmmm.....this is one of those kits that I've almost bought a couple of times, but was always put off by the stories of the crappy resin that seems to be associated with Warp stuff.

Shame 'cos the BoP is one of the best designs from the Trek universe (imho) and I'd love to have a nice, large model of one. Then I'd really go to town on the paint and weathering. B)

Well anyhoo, I look forward to seeing this one progress. :popcorn:

Btw, I really hope you get your Infiltrator kit.

Personally I don't trust that guy and wouldn't ever order anything from him. :fraidnot:

Oh hell yes this is awesome, the lighting really sets the beast off, cue childhood memories of engaging cloaking device!!!.

JB.

I'm ready to add the finishing touches to this kit now. A couple of decals and an oil wash for the radiators. Here it is on the stand I made for it.

BoPonstand.jpg