Photo etch parts

harry

Hi guys, am looking for advice on any kind of apparatus that will help me with folding photo etch parts, seems that there is hardly a model that you buy nowadays that does not contain this in the box. Have reviewed the etch mate that is available from Hannants with very mixed reports from people that have this. Was wondering if there was more of a choice in the market place, thanks.

Try this guy. He's a member on here and does an etched fret foldy thingy.

Linky

rich

Thanks for that Rich, appreciate that info.

Hi guys, am looking for advice on any kind of apparatus that will help me with folding photo etch parts, seems that there is hardly a model that you buy nowadays that does not contain this in the box. Have reviewed the etch mate that is available from Hannants with very mixed reports from people that have this. Was wondering if there was more of a choice in the market place, thanks.

Thank you John,very grateful for your input.

• 1 month later...

I use the Small Shop Bug & 4 inch folding tools for almost all my e/b jobs. I have used e/b for years using tweezers , pliers , & home made contraptions to make folds. I got both of these tools & they are great. I use the Bug the most because I am building a lot of 1/72 WW1 models just now. Carl T

I thought I might add something to illustrate how useful I have found the Bug tool. I am working on Tokos 1/72nd Siemens-Schukerts D3: & in doing the cockpit the floor is in the shape of an L, the 2 sidewalls are glued to this being held in place by the back end & 2 small tabs ( about 1/16 inch sqare ) on each side frame. With the Bug those small folds were made with presice 90 degree & sharp folds. I also made up Part brand e/b Spndau m/g s, the mechenism of which would have been nearly impossable for me to do without this tool. As to the cost of these tools ,the 2 of them together cost only a little more than the cost of a Hasegawa 1/72nd scale Lancaster kit here in the U.S.