Crackin a Yak...........Eddy's 1/48th Yak3

:D G'day Brittmodellers, been a tad quiet round these parts due to the house resto................... but the missus relented and let me slip one model in before New Years :wub: . No build log but it only took about 3 weekends between jobs to knok this one out. Eduards kit is a little beauty, no major hiccups along the way. :thumbsup2:

Here she is presented as a 303 Guards machine, Red 12 East Prussia circa 1945 (alledgedly) :blink:

Anyways folks, take care, enjoy the festive season safely and hopefully I will be around a bit more in the New Year as the restos finnish up.

Fire when ready.

Cheers

Jim :cheers:

YakFin015.jpg

YakFin008.jpg

YakFin020.jpg

Nice scheme Jim, Happy New Year to you also, done the house reno thing, know what you are going through............a week without a toilet is no fun, have to watch your diet, know what I mean!!! Lucky i have a shopping centre within walking distance, and showers at work

Regards and stay safe, hope the bushfires leave you alone this season

Bruce

Lovely little model, nicely airbrushed. Love the "snow". Just to add to what PM said re bushfires, it's obviously the height of summer over there, hope it's a quiet season. An annual news event over here at this time of year I'm afraid, Israelis and Palestinians fighting and bushfires in Oz. :pray:

Edited by turnerdad

Hiya Jim and a belated happy Christmas!. Lovely Yak mate - love the scheme - that winter camo over the 2 greys gives it a very appealing look, and for my money VVS aircraft always look great when they have one of those lightning bolt arrow designs on them too :)

Built one of those a few years ago and it was a joy to make as I recall - one of Eduards first "mainstream" mouldings if I recall. Shame it didnt really get the recognition back then (weird).

Hope the house is well on the way to being done, and you're not too upset about losing to the Sarf Effrikaans in the cricket...still it'll just get you used to being beat by us in the Ashes next year I guess :wicked:

Take care, and enjoy the new inside dunny :)

Jonners

Lovely work Jim, a very eye catching camo scheme :thumbsup:

I have a bit of a soft spot for these early Russian fighters, they look the business and go like hell! I saw one of these display at Flying Legends at Duxford and the pilot was absolutely hooning the thing :D

:goodjob:

Happy New Year Gals and Guys :D and thank you very much for your feedback, it really was an easy job to build this kit, everything fell into place and the decal sheet is superb.

Thankyou for the seasons greetings, may you all have a safe and prosperous New Year.......... Even Jon.......... :lol:

Jim B)