SNC Hobbies birthday build

Stevieboy

To celebrate our 1st birthday (06/03/09) we are inviting all britmodellers to participate in our birthday group build, all we ask is that you buy your model from a Britmodeller trader no later than 6th Feb this is to give you approx 4 weeks to get the build done, Britmodellers who live outside of the U.K can get their models from their favourite shop so as to avoid models getting lost in the post.

We are going to give 3 prizes of £50, £30 and £20 we are still deciding in how to give the prizes I.E vouchers, cash etc.

We would like to thank a Britmodeller in Nottinghamshire for giving us the idea, The Britmodeller admin for allowing us to go ahead with it, Graham at Relish models, Colin at Freightdog models and Vince at Models for sale for agreeing to judge and to everyone for making this such a brilliant start and making us welcome.

Steve and Caroline

MIKE AT 2MIKESRESIN.COM HAS OFFERED AN EXTRA PRIZE OF $50 USD WORTH OF PARTS FROM 2MIKESRESIN AND WE ARE GOING TO PAY THE SHIPPING COST'S TO THE LUCKY WINNER WE CANNOT EXPRESS OUR THANKS ENOUGH TO MIKE FOR THIS GENEROUS OFFER

Edited by Stevieboy

Count me in. Already know what I'm doing, just ordered this happy003_opt.jpg.

Steve, do you plan on getting any more? Need 2 more for a couple of planned projects.

Edited by Shiloh

Sounds very generous, but I'm a little confused by the rules :shrug:

Do we need to buy a new kit now, can it be from any of the BM traders (shouldn't it be from Steve?) When does the GB actually start, and how long does it last for? I would have thought it would be of most benefit if we had to buy a fresh kit, but then, how could you prove you bought a new kit?

Sorry if I'm being a bint, I'm just seeking clarification.......

Jen.

Sorry if I'm being a bint

:lol: I don't think any of us better agree!

The idea is to buy a new kit and get your purchases in asap. Steve doesn't mind if we buy from any trader who is also a Britmodeller. I'm suggesting that we commence on 1st February so it doesn't clash with the D-Day GB. This will be a short GB and end on SNC Hobbies 1st Anniversary, which is 6th March. If folks state where they bought their entry from their will be no quibbles about obtaining confirmation. These are about the only rules and there will be no resources etc just a sub-forum to post builds. Steve wants this to be fun, so I suggest we regard this as a totally AMS free event and have a good larf along the way.

peebeep

Yip this is just a bit of fun to help us celebrate what has been a great and very successful year (almost) we are now here for the long run and I'm finally doing something I enjoy and as a modeller I want to show my appreciation by giving something back, obviously reading some of the posts here I realise I didn't really think about possible outcomes, things always evolve so here goes, any model goes if you want to buy one get it from a Britmodeller or Britmodeller trader the prizes are still the same but the judges decision is final, let me know if I have missed anything out lets have fun and luckily for you all I wont be entering!! - - I'll be polishing my bald spot by doing the Lola and wondering how I managed to fork out £130 for a kit with melted tyres.

Yip this is just a bit of fun to help us celebrate what has been a great and very successful year (almost) we are now here for the long run and I'm finally doing something I enjoy and as a modeller I want to show my appreciation by giving something back, obviously reading some of the posts here I realise I didn't really think about possible outcomes, things always evolve so here goes, any model goes if you want to buy one get it from a Britmodeller or Britmodeller trader the prizes are still the same but the judges decision is final, let me know if I have missed anything out lets have fun and luckily for you all I wont be entering!! - - I'll be polishing my bald spot by doing the Lola and wondering how I managed to fork out £130 for a kit with melted tyres.

Steve

I probably cant play but I will doate some prizes as well if you would like!! Let me know what you think.

Mike

Hey Mike, I don't see any reason why you cant play and thanks for the generous offer we'll get in touch --don't suppose you have any resin 1/12th tyres for a Lola T70 He He

I'm suggesting we start on 1st February so as not to clash with the commencement of the D-Day GB. Come on peeps, there's some generous prizes here up for grabs, start planning a build now!

peebeep

If you want to Paul we could close down the American car GB as that ones died a death .. that will free up some space :analintruder:

Think I will have a go at this as well and it will be my first group build

Thinking of a TAMIYA Yamaha YZR-M1 50th Anniversary if SNC can get me one :speak_cool:

No pressure there then Stevieboy :analintruder:

It may have already been ordered!! won't be here before Christmas though as it has to be ordered by the supplier.

Edited by Stevieboy

Count me in. Already know what I'm doing, just ordered this happy003_opt.jpg.

Steve, do you plan on getting any more? Need 2 more for a couple of planned projects.

I'm waiting on the supplier to get more in Sean the one you got was the last one he had D'OH!

Britmodellers who live outside of the U.K can get their models from their favourite shop so as to avoid models getting lost in the post.

If I get this correct I buy a kit here in Belgium and I can join ?

Where does SNC Hobbies benifit from this ? If we don't buy from him he gets nothing in return.

Edited by Erwin

If I get this correct I buy a kit here in Belgium and I can join ?

Where does SNC Hobbies benifit from this ? If we don't buy from him he gets nothing in return.

Hi Erwin,

I have been making models for 42 years since my 8th birthday in fact, as I have been fortunate enough to be able to set up shop I want to give something back if you buy from me thats o.k but I am getting publicity from this and I can tell you that I have a very big database of customers from everywhere and they are coming back.

I enjoy modelling and I enjoy what we are now doing (after 34 years with Royal Mail which paid the Mortgage etc) so go for it enter the build and have fun.

Oh and watch this space for some sensational news :analintruder:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your invitation, very kind. Mostlikely I will be participating, however, my schedule is not the most stable and in the worst case I have to forfait.

I need to see where I will stand when this contest starts, so I can't possibly tell you which kit it is going to be.

And I am most curious to your sensational news

I see you sell motorsport kits. Does that mean you would like to see cars,bikes,trucks more than planes or tanks ?

I would like to say yes to that but I realise of course that modelling covers many aspects and I like to think that I'm a realist and no matter what people make we all have one thing in common and that is we make models, I do car's and bikes because its what I know best -I don't know it all and I wont pretend I do- so when thinking about the build I thought we'll ask everyone and beleive me I had no idea what would happen -you will see later, I will not be judging so a car /bike may not win, that is why deciding about the prizes is going to be difficult but it will be 50, 30,20 pound's and a "surprise" prize? which I'll announce shortly Have fun enjoy it

Happy Christmas & New year

Stevieboy

Thats good Dan now let me see what could it be !!

Happy Christmas to you all

Hi Erik,

This is wierd I have just "found you" on scm quite by chance and there was a link to someone who may be able to help me with an old project I was doing some years ago :speak_cool: