Beanys' Italeri 1:48 Marineflieger IDS

beany

BMTornado1.jpg

Made a start on this today. A bit disappointed to be honest because I had read some good things about this kit but I found some of the part had quite thin plastic and loads of ejector pins to be cut off and filed down. Fits where it touches in some places also so I'll have to dig out the Squadron Green Putty and nail polish remover.

Also learned early on to cut off the locating tabs as they hinder rather than help align parts such as the wings and some of the weapons (I build 'em even though I won't be using them for the 90th Anniversary scheme shown on the box lid).

Having said that I'm enjoying the build so far. Cementing wings and smaller assemblies etc. today so not much to show yet. Will start painting the office tomorrow - I'm building OOB so no replacement seats or owt like that - I'm a simple kit builder rather than a detail modeller. The kit cockpit could be swapped for the cab of a Deltic diesel loco and I'd be none the wiser!.

Cheers for now.

Al.

Hi Al

have started this one meself, was doing it as the black Italian one with the panther on the tail but can't find my Syhart decal sheet anywhere. May have to build straight fron the kit. Good luck,

regards

Paul

Edited by Honeybee

Cheers Paul.

Like I said, not a brilliant kit, but actually not going too bad so far. The spacers in the fuselage are a good idea - something I may scratch build when I pluck up the courage to tackle my Airfix 1:48 Tornado (the Desert Pink one on the box art).

You can see the horrible seam on one of the tanks which is why I started chopping any locating pins right off.

BMTornado3.jpg

You have to use the old hot screwdriver blade to mushroom over the ends of the two pivot bar thingies between the wings and the tailplanes. I just heat up my modelling knife over a tea light candle - thinner blade so it gets hot quicker.

BMTornado4.jpg

You can also see the other two fuselage spacers behind the wings here.

Will have to start some painting later today after putting the Xmas decs up - daughter's home from Uni tomorrow so there will be hell to pay if they are not up by then!!

Cheers

Al.