Dragon Me110 - Smaller Details

Spence

3217353535_0a89aca76b.jpg

Hey spence loving your work on the 110 & the 88 so far :speak_cool:

I have a technique question for you how do you get the slight dark and light rings on your bombs? I've been trying to get the same effect on some I'm doing, but they aren't turning out how I want them to, maybe I'm just being too ham fisted with my airbrush?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone! :D

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, but work has been extremely time consuming! I've managed to get away from my editing duties for a while to do a little more on the '110. As you can see, the decals are now on (including that Wasp marking which was an absolute nightmare to get to settle down over the curves around the nose.. :x ) and I've taken time to deal with some of the smaller items such as the propellers and glazing - the latter benefitting from careful wok to get the best from the glazing. I've also added a little more weathering and taken time to add more shading and highlights - especially around the tail. Another few hours and this one should be finished - and then it's on to the Jagdtiger... :clap2:

Laters! Spence

3236217771_8318ba42a1.jpg

3237060750_90f8613053.jpg

3237058932_3c3b6897ef.jpg

3236214177_50cc5c0612.jpg

3237056206_ffd63c48e6.jpg

Hey spence loving your work on the 110 & the 88 so far :speak_cool:

I have a technique question for you how do you get the slight dark and light rings on your bombs? I've been trying to get the same effect on some I'm doing, but they aren't turning out how I want them to, maybe I'm just being too ham fisted with my airbrush?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Steve. The rings aren't really rings at all, but a trompe l'oeil. Instead of trying to spray rings all the way round each bomb, I simply spray short lines on the sides, rotating the bomb as I do it. The lines don't have to line up because shadow will remove the undersides of each one making them appear to be one continuous effect. Try it - you'll be amazed. Simple eh..?!

Laters! Spence :bye:

Hi Spence

this is turning into something quite special. your "painterly" technique is very interesting. I think you have caused a rush on the FAQ book as Historex agents sold out completely just after you mentioned it. Unfortunately I was one of the many who were too late and am now waiting for their next batch of stock to arrive.

great photography as well, pin sharp nice lighting

Chris

Great work Spence.

How are you filling in the panel lines? The FAQ book suggests penciling them in or brush painting with thinned acrylic. I haven't tried either of these techniques yet and was just wondering how difficult they are?

Hi Spence

this is turning into something quite special. your "painterly" technique is very interesting. I think you have caused a rush on the FAQ book as Historex agents sold out completely just after you mentioned it. Unfortunately I was one of the many who were too late and am now waiting for their next batch of stock to arrive.

great photography as well, pin sharp nice lighting

Chris

The Aviation Book Centre also stock this book

FAQ

Nick

Edited by NickT