Dodgy Tornado questions

Excuse these idiot questions but they've been festering a couple of weeks now....a bit like a STD.

I've just bought the Italeri 1:48 IDS kit and was looking to join this group build at some point. But before I do; What's the recommended procedure these days for making the slot in the rear fuselage side where the wing retracts into look a little better? Is there anything aftermarket that sits in there or is it toilet roll tube and sticky-back plastic time?

Other than the stuff under the nose, are there any other differences a prawnhead might miss?

Thanks - Andy

One from Waddington in the, what was loosely called, 'summer'

DSCF1593a.jpg

I take it you mean the glove box seal,

Get some thick tin foil (like from a coffee jar)

Double it over & glue it over the kit part,

Rub the foil so the pattern comes thru

Along the horizontal 'gap',score it to repicate the join.

Merv

b1ff2221067606.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Edited by spike7451
photo.

I had a go at reproducing it with Milliput in 1/32. It needs a bit of fine-tuning, but i think i'll use it again on my current build as it's quite effective.

LINKY

Otherwise i have seen it done with foil-covered plasticine, foam, plasticard, photo-etch, you name it!

Thanks for all the advice gents. I didn't realise the Paragon flaps set had those pieces, I got my set from Relish models in the post this morning and there they are!

I meant to add something to my second question which should have read "Other than the stuff under the nose, are there any other differences between a GR.1 and a GR.4 a prawnhead might miss?"

Thanks again - Andrew

Andrew,

The are some minor cockpit mods,most noticable the pilots round moving map display under the HUD is now a square CRT type,some glare hoods over the Navs CRT screens & new headboxes on some of the seats.

Center ERU on the shoulder pylons is now used,on GR1's it was used to carry 'them' & ferry tanks

See the relevent sticky fot photo's.

Merv

• 1 month later...